Nentir Vale Coming to Dungeons and Dragons

Nentir Vale itself was never very interesting. But the Dawn Pantheon and their war with the Primordials was. Also the Shadowfell and the Feywild, which existed before but got lots of nice material.

Charlaquin

Goblin Queen (She/Her/Hers)
I have conflicted feelings about this. Nentir Vale is my favorite D&D setting, but I hate almost all of the changes Mearls has teased that he’s made to it for his home campaign. I love the public attention that a streaming game could bring to the setting, but I’m worried that the interpretation of the setting it will be exposing newcomers to will be one I don’t like.

DEFCON 1

Legend
Supporter
Nathan Stewart said a new setting was being released this spring, didn't he? Nentir Vale is one that is small enough to fit in the size of the books that Ravnica and Wayfarers Guide were at, and doesn't require any additional chargen material that has to be playtested first.

doctorbadwolf

Heretic of The Seventh Circle
Nathan Stewart said a new setting was being released this spring, didn't he? Nentir Vale is one that is small enough to fit in the size of the books that Ravnica and Wayfarers Guide were at, and doesn't require any additional chargen material that has to be playtested first.

My NV certainly requires playable gnolls, but otherwise yeah.

Every month or two, Mike Mearls posts some sort of update of what he is doing with his personal conversion of Nentir Vale to 5E and has stated before that it is for one of his personal games and not going to be published. Obviously that could eventually change, but only Mike knows if or when that might happen.

Nentir Vale? I am surprised and not too much because I had forgotten it, but we have to admit that was possible because it is very useful as a "sandbox", a open world where lots of new things (for example PC races and classes) can be added. Maybe this setting can be used like a "nexus" between different worlds, like Planescape, Ravenloft or Spelljammer.

Later an oriental continent could be added with a reboot of the background of "Dragon Fist", and maybe also the return of the Jakandor island and the city of Ghostwalk.

S'mon

Legend
"Fans are already wondering if Heroes of the Vale could lead to some sort of official Nentir Vale content in the future"

Get back to me when they do the hardback release! :)

Remove ads