• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Nerf the Fighter!

ForceUser

Explorer
Let's please not make D&D subject to MUDflation. To wit, fixing class A does not nerf class B. Class B has not changed, therefore, it has not been nerfed.

Fighters kick butt. What more do you want? Sharks with laser beams attached to their heads?

psionotic

If they do anything to the fighter, it should be a wider selection of good mid and high level bonus fighter feats. As it stands now, there is little reason to advance above about 8th or 10th level. (and in fact, no one in any of the 3e campaigns I have played in or ran has taken more than 6 fighter levels)

All nerfing aside, I was rather impressed with the feats in Incursion in Dungeon 100 -- most would make great mid- to high-level fighter feats.

Though I can't figure out the difference between Greater Combat Reflexes and Improved Combat Reflexes.

Bran Blackbyrd

Explorer
This message has been brought to you by Nerf.

All we can do is wait and see...

I'm pretty sure all I ever had was the nerf boomerang. It spent a lot of time on the roof and in the tree.

The picture is the whole family, together again, for the last time.

Attachments

• nerf.gif
    nerf.gif
    3.7 KB · Views: 236

Viktyr Gehrig

First Post
psionotic said:
If they do anything to the fighter, it should be a wider selection of good mid and high level bonus fighter feats. As it stands now, there is little reason to advance above about 8th or 10th level. (and in fact, no one in any of the 3e campaigns I have played in or ran has taken more than 6 fighter levels)

Only a very few rare characters should go much higher than 10th level in a core class, anyway. That's what PrCs are for.

hong

WotC's bitch
Korimyr the Rat said:

Only a very few rare characters should go much higher than 10th level in a core class, anyway. That's what PrCs are for.

You're thinking of d20 Modern. In D&D, there's absolutely nothing wrong with having 20th level single-classed characters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads