• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Netherese Floating Cities

Balfin

First Post
I'm going to be playing in an epic Forgotten Realms campaign soon. I want to make an epic spell to making a Floating Netherese Enclave, but I'm not really familiar with epic spells. Does anyone know how to make a spell like this. Basically, it has to sheer the top off a mountain, and flip it upside so a city can be built on top of it.

Any help would be great. Thanks.

Methos of Aundair

First Post
Look in the Player's Guide to Faerun, there is already an epic spell that does this. Granted if you have the Netherese Boxed Set you'll be a little disappointed since the two spells are very different. Recall in 2nd Ed it required two spells, Proctiv's Move Mountain and Create Mythal. Now it is only one spell and a Mythal isn't required at all.

EDIT: Just checked the PGtF and the epic spell is called Proctiv's Move Mountain, guess they decided to keep the 2nd edition name. Have fun!

Last edited:

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
I would take inspiration from the Epic spells in the SRD. Something similar to Raise Island mixed in with a special use of the Transport seed for the levitation effect.

Both these would need tweaking, as Raise Island actually conjures one, whereas you're looking to use something existing (the mountain). Perhaps the Transform seed.

In any case, looks like you will need about 20 epic spellcasters willing to expend some XP to get to work.

Andargor

Remove ads