• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 5E Neverwinter 5e

tomservo999

Explorer
It also really highlighted how much potential there was in the post-Spellplague Realms. I mean, if almost everything was destroyed, the obvious hook for a campaign is to rebuild something or to return a deity to FR. Those basic ideas generate campaigns that practically write themselves. Once you get away from the diehard FR fanboy histrionics, it's actually a good setting for campaigns and adventures (typed by a diehard FR fanboy who still uses lots of old stuff in his [now relatively] new FR).

Guilty, I've been a diehard FR fan since the old gray boxed set. Technically before then. I ran the Bloodstone modules way back when they first came out. Before the realms was the realms.

tomservo999

Explorer
I think Neverwinter was just a good setting book, rather than a particularly 4e thing☺.

The backgrounds seem fine though the Harper reroll might be a bit good - it is very general while the others are pretty specific. The generality also means it lacks flavour.

I am definitely open to suggestions on that one.

Scrivener of Doom

Adventurer
Sorry about that, guys. I really do not know what happened. I uploaded the post and that worked because that's how I got the link. But now it has reverted to a draft post and my Third World internet connection won't let me upload it.

And I have only just discovered this as we have been without electricity for the past three days. Thanks, corruption!

Edit: And it's back.

Last edited:

Hunyock

First Post
Honestly I was surprised at the previous comment, and I think you might be onto something. I've been out of D&D since 2e so I missed 3e and 4e but I just ran my players through Keep on the Shadowfell (converted to 5e) and we loved it. I think the main villain was a bit of a letdown, being as you never meet him til the final encounter, but overall it was a fun adventure. Splug alone has provided tons of entertainment and roleplaying opportunities, and he has spawned his own dedicated painted mini and a sidekick role in the party. Balgron the fat, the Hobgoblin war chief, and Ninarel all got away leaving the doors open for future encounters. Plus, I plan on tying it in to the main campaign - now that Kalarel has been stopped, what stops the next nutjob from moving in and trying to open the rift? With the old empire gone, who can rebuild and maintain a new watch to keep the rift secure? And how can you prevent the tragedy of Sir Keegan from repeating itself? Frankly I'm having a hard time narrowing down all the possibilities... At the end of the day I'd like to see the PC's as main wards of the new Keep - they could broker the political, financial and manpower support from local towns and factions, and help provide funding and leadership to rebuild and run a new keep. This wasn't just a fun adventure, it was the starting point for a new campaign.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads