• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Neverwinter Nights 2 Update

werk

First Post
If you endured the first NWN release, you know how these evil, evil people will play with your hopes and dreams.

I wouldn't believe it until you read it on bioware's site (is bioware making this one?), and if you see it on there, don't believe it until it has a specific date on it and exclamation points saying it's gold/shipping.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
Hmmmm. 1 version is on cd-rom, 1 version is on dvd-rom, and one version is $10 more and is a limited edition, which is all the rage these days. I doubt the editor only comes with the LE, the LE probably just has a fancy case, maybe a soundtrack, etc.

Steel_Wind

Legend
I don't know if they will make September ship or not. They may, they may not.

I am convinced, however, that they WILL make ship by Thanksgiving. Come hell or high water - that will happen.

So December is a good date to be satisfied with. I do no think that will occasion any disappointment.

talmar

First Post
This was posted on their forums around mid June. I'd bet it's released in September...could be Sept. 30th but it's still Sept. I'd think (hope) they'd know pretty much for sure in June if they can may a Sept. release.

Release dates. "The official worldwide release date for NWN2 is September 2006." - Shane K. DeFreest, Maverick Public Relations, Neverwinter Nights 2 Community Manager

A good place to check out some stuff would be this thread...

http://nwn2forums.bioware.com/forums/viewtopic.html?topic=459905&forum=95

Steel_Wind

Legend
They may well make September ship.

The problem Talmar, is that the September release date was forumlated in April and announced at a time before the game was code complete and in lockdown (which did not happen until end of May).

That means the game was not complete, let alone QA'd and polished when they announced when it would be released.

Which, in the game development business - makes it nothing more than a pious hope and an educated guess.

If people are taking announcements as to when a game will ship that are made before code is locked down as a guarantee instead of merely a stated expectation - you are in a for a lifetime of disappointment.

Mycanid

First Post
Don't even bring up the subject of ToEE phoenix! :lol:

Although I did enjoy it the bugs were a pain in the neck.....

andargor

Rule Lawyer Groupie
Supporter
Or perhaps all they can release in September is a Limited Edition.

Limited. Edition. Get it? :p

Anyway, when's the last time a launch date was respected? Name three games that have! ;)

Remove ads