• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Neverwinter Nights 2 Update

talmar

First Post
Steel_Wind said:
The problem Talmar, is that the September release date was forumlated in April and announced at a time before the game was code complete and in lockdown (which did not happen until end of May).

That means the game was not complete, let alone QA'd and polished when they announced when it would be released.

If people are taking announcements as to when a game will ship that are made before code is locked down as a guarantee instead of merely a stated expectation - you are in a for a lifetime of disappointment.

I was merely pointing out that in June they are saying Sept 20th as a ship date. I don't know what they were doing in April or May, doesn't matter to me. I would guess that by June those who provide release dates would have a fairly good idea if Sept is good or not. It's now July and there hasn't been word yet of it being pushed back.

I'd bet the game still isn't complete. In fact I know it's not. The developers post on the official forums about the work they are still doing and tweaking and such. They'll be making code and graphics tweeks up until a couple days before going gold. I'd be willing to bet they make tweeks and changes after going gold and then released with the DMClient download on the street date.

As to being disappointed, oh well, minor disappointment. In my opinion the only way one could live without disappointment would be to live without hope and/or expectations. I would rather hope and be disappointed then not hope at all.

Remove ads