• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

3PP Release New 3PP release: Manual of Adventurous Resources: Complete! AVAILABLE NOW!

xiphumor

Legend
Yeah, I probably need to prioritize a wielder/warlock chain for all the Elric fans out there, eh? ;)
I mean, it makes more sense than whatever the Hexblade was trying to be.

I feel like Fjord from the Mighty Nein demonstrated really well that the hexblade could be so much more than just a magic sword user, but he didn’t get any mechanical elements to back up his patron’s flavor until way late in the story.

Pedantic

Legend
Yeah, I probably need to prioritize a wielder/warlock chain for all the Elric fans out there, eh? ;)
I think there's probably a base wielder archetype in there as well. The Entrusted in reverse, where you are slowly gaining dominance over a cursed/evil/etc. artifact that you're turning to your own purposes.

Timespike

A5E Designer and third-party publisher
I think there's probably a base wielder archetype in there as well. The Entrusted in reverse, where you are slowly gaining dominance over a cursed/evil/etc. artifact that you're turning to your own purposes.
I already have an archetype called the Burdened that's based on a cursed item planned for the final Thematic Toolkit release. :)

Timespike

Final? You’re wrapping up TTs AND MoAR? I sort assumed TTs would just carry on indefinitely.
TTs haven't been doing fantastic, sales-wise, so they're being replaced with a different line called Multiclasser's Manual. I still intend to keep making multiclass synergy feats unless I somehow run out (seems unlikely, with the drip feed of new classes) but they'll be in a different product line now.

The major complaints I was getting about the Thematic Toolkit line was that they were too niche and too small. Multiclasser's Manual will be a set of 20 or so synergy feat chains, plus a bunch of ideas for how to use them to make various different character types. Each two-class combo will be a two-page spread. Hopefully with 20 of those per volume, it'll have some broader appeal.

Last edited:

this thing is a tome, and it's great. i particularly like the touch of being able to elemental blast from any point with a significant amount of your element within your control elements range. little things like that really help sell the fantasy of the classes being portrayed.
I tried looking at the one of the lower-res PDFs and ran into the same time delay problem.
i actually compared both - the lower-res one did lag, but not as much.
I thought I was going to be here for the Elementalist, but I'm really into the Wielder. How could I have missed the obvious parallels between the Arthurian sword-in-the-stone legend and magical girls?!
the best part of that for me is that there's actually an NPC in a (currently on-hiatus) 5e game i'm in who has the title of torch-bearer. who knew all along that he was secretly a magical girl? ;)

Timespike

I tried looking at the one of the lower-res PDFs and ran into the same time delay problem.
I randomly checked a couple other PDFs I have from various companies like MCDM that know what they're doing and ... same issue. The little bit of a render delay as the layers all come in is unavoidable, I think. However, I should be able to get the bookmark situation addressed soonish. I'll send the file update email notification once I'm done.

Timespike

Bookmarks should be there. Nothing I tried made much of a difference on the render lag, though. :/

The PDF update is a big improvement IMO. :) I think having two pages sitting side-by-side to each other originally might have caused the time delay on the right-hand scroll bar. As I didn't see much of a delay when I had just one page on my screen at a time. The up and down arrows on the scroll bar were more responsive.

Anyhow, if you were playing an Elementalist, what would be your Elemental Affinity? I think mine has to be Earth, but Lightning comes in at a close second. ;)

Remove ads