• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 4E New 4e Monsters

Crowley42

First Post
This is turning into a project for me and will include new monsters, monsters based on other sources, and possibly a few conversions. Please look at them and let me know if there are any changes I should make. Any ideas for monsters based on other fantasy works are welcome too! The link to download the PDF is below.

Currently Inludes
-Gremlin
-Moonbeast
-Shaggoth
-Cthulhu
-Deep Ones
-Wamp
-Hasur (encounter groups incomplete due to lack of byakhee at the moment will be corrected next)

http://www.4shared.com/file/55940977/47596c55/Creature_Creations_v6.htmlhttp://www.4shared.com/file/53666165/7372e6d3/Creature_Creations_v5.html

Last edited:

Crowley42

First Post
added shoggoth as well as pictures and attack type icons.

hoping to have deep ones (also cthulhu mythos), and a few more ideas i've been working on by next week.

Zaster

First Post
Hey Crowley42;

This is a neat idea. Any chance we might see the formless spawn of Tsathoggua? How about the King in Yellow?

Crowley42

First Post
Thanks Zaster, I finished the wamp yesterday and am planning to do Cthulhu and his star spawned next as well as deep ones. After that I think I am gonna try to get away from the mythos if I can, although I don't have a much of anything on my list. And as such I will add those two requests in. I'll try and upload a new copy of the PDF with how ever far I have gotten tonight and change the link. And maybe even have some more for you after the weekend too!

Crowley42

First Post
Ok so I didnt get much done this weekend but what I did get done was a good hunk of the Cthulhu entry based on the Orcus entry in the MM. Currently workin on stats for the aspect the star-spawn of cthulhu and some cultists. I also have the outline for the deep ones and have to flesh out their stats. After that I am doin a big stat block Hastur and his following as well as the Tsathoggua and his spawn as per the request by Zaster. I will upload after deep ones, again after hastur, and again after Tsathoggua. If anyone has any other requests from other mythos, movies, stories, etc. please ask I will put those next on the list. All feedback welcome and appreciated. Furthermore this fan sourcebook will be completed when I reach one hundred pages of length and a final pdf edition will be put up for those of you who want to print it instead of using constantly updated electronic copies. Thanks guys.

Zaster

First Post
You rock, Crowley42. Between the points of light setting and all the far realms stuff in 4th edition, it should be easy and fun to fit your creations into a game. Cultists of Hastur making their home in some decaying old manse of a bygone era, bestial servants of Tsathoggua congregating in damp caves, and so forth. Can't wait to see what you've come up with. Really like what you've done so far.

Crowley42

First Post
thanks a bunch man, I'm actually hoping to do a very lovecraftian campaign after the current campaign I am DMing. I just finished my 5 page Cthulhu section including cultists, his star-spawn, an aspect of cthulhu. ill throw it up once i finish the deep ones and then take care of your requests Zaster. everything up to Tsathoggua should be done by the end of next week.

and there you go My Creature Creations +Cthulhu +Deep Ones!

going to try and get the king in yellow done by next week :)

Last edited:

Crowley42

First Post
So, I meant to work on and get the yellow king and related monsters completed and up but I ended up expediting the obtaining of a new apartment and moving so Zaster I'm sorry to say you'll have to wait another week or so. But I have interent once again and can start.

As for usful information I have DM playtested some of the monsters including the moonbeasts and the wamps. With a few minor edits they have worked out as really interesting things. I had one pally cackling back at the wamps in anger for a whole encounter with the other continuously attmpting to hit it from behind but getting kicked back each time. A young wamp managed to bite and infect the dwarven bard with cackling fever though they have not seen what happens when hes bloodied yet. The moonbeasts put up a good fight for the party without devestating them or anything and I think it worked out really well. If anyone has used any of these things I'd like feedback on how well they worked for you and any adjustments that they could use. For now I work on Hastur and continue throwing the occult at my players.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads