• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New (AVATAR) Episodes Begin Again Tonight In USA

Truth Seeker

Adventurer
:DJust to remind everyone, or in case anyone has just arrived from the 14th century, new episodes of Avatar begin airing once in the United States starting tonight. Broadcast time will be 8 PM EST / 7 PM CST. A new episode will be broadcast each night beginning with episode 312, " The Western Air Temple." The season and series finale will be broadcast in a two hour block of the final four episodes on Saturday, July 19th at 8PM EST! Also, ASNwill not be posting screenshots form the TV broadcast of these episodes, just ones from the DVDs since these are or will be available shortly.

Attachments

• Season3.jpg
    Season3.jpg
    17.4 KB · Views: 65

Felon

First Post
"The Western Air Temple", "The Firebending Masters", and "The Boiling Rock" (parts 1 & 2) have all already aired somewhere in the world, and are thus freely available for online viewing from any number of sources. If they only aire one episode a night, that takes us through Thursday. Then I suppose we get one more episode on Friday and a two-hour finale on Saturday. Just trying to do the math here.

This was a very popular show for Nickolodeon, so I wish I knew why they dragged their heels on airing the episodes for the third season, and decided to broadcast the entire second half of the season over the course of one week.

AdmundfortGeographer

Getting lost in fantasy maps
"The Western Air Temple", "The Firebending Masters", and "The Boiling Rock" (parts 1 & 2) have all already aired somewhere in the world, and are thus freely available for online viewing from any number of sources.
Indeed, just watched all these on DVD. I was extremely pissed an Nick for busting up the air dates for the series as I ended up missing everything on TV after Black Sun part 1.

F5

Explorer
This was a very popular show for Nickolodeon, so I wish I knew why they dragged their heels on airing the episodes for the third season, and decided to broadcast the entire second half of the season over the course of one week.

It really makes absolutely no sense. It's not like they didn't realize how popular it was, or how valuable the franchise is. they're still putting out Avatar toys/lunchboxes/coloring books, etc. They've got a movie coming out, helmed by a big-name director, with options for two sequels. You'd think they would want to, y'know...air the episodes?

Maybe they can charge more ad revenue if they make it an "event" like this?

Arkhandus

First Post
My internet went out for most of last night, so I didn't get to post this when I had wanted to, but....

The Avatar 2-hour finale Sozin's Comet: The Final Battle was AWESOME!!

If you didn't catch it last night, it's on again today, on Nicktoons network (not Nickelodeon, apparently, where it aired last night). At 2 pm and 4 pm here in Arizona, probably 5 and 7 pm EST I suppose?

The fight between Aang and Firelord Ozai was the best part, and took up like half an hour or so by itself, though they split it up a bit. It seemed really appropriate when Aang made a sort of planet-like surrounding of all four elements around him, and kicked arse. Toph's fight on the airship was sweet too.

I think only two minor bits disappointed me; Sokka didn't do much swordfighting, and Katara didn't do a lot with her waterbending skills. They were both a bit more impressive on the Day of Black Sun or other times. Otherwise, an awesome finale.

It did look like they're planning some kind of sequel though to cover a few loose ends, like whatever happened to Zuko's mother. They didn't show what became of Azula, either. And I'm curious if Aang would ever be able to re-establish the Air Nomads, or if he really will be the last airbender in the history of that world.

fba827

Adventurer
I enjoyed the episodes and series. :)

I like it when shows tie in all the past characters and settings and plots (at least in reference) to the finale, so that was obviously a big plus for me. :)

I admit, before I ever saw an episode of Avatar, based on the commercials alone, I was not interested in seeing the show. But once I saw two episodes at a friend's house (because he was watching) I was actually hooked and had to see all the past episodes to get caught up. It was a very well written series, with strong continuity and intricate ties between characters... both are things I always enjoy.

The one thing I was not comfortable with was the very very very last scene (highlight for spoiler)
where Ang and Katara kiss
i think because, in my brain, i think of Ang as being a very young child.... so how much feeling could really have been in that action? but, anyway, as for the finale itself, still definatly an A for all the tie-ins and wrap-ups, the way a series finale should be.

F5

Explorer
... Katara didn't do a lot with her waterbending skills. They were both a bit more impressive on the Day of Black Sun or other times.
True...but this was Aang's show, not theirs. Don't forget that Katara took out a major antagonist, essentially single-handedly, while they were super-charged from the comet. Not as impressive as some of her waterbending in other episodes, but very clever, and effective.

It did look like they're planning some kind of sequel though to cover a few loose ends, like whatever happened to Zuko's mother. They didn't show what became of Azula, either. And I'm curious if Aang would ever be able to re-establish the Air Nomads, or if he really will be the last airbender in the history of that world.

I sure hope they do. They'd be crazy not to return to this series, at least somehow. We'll probably hear more around the time when the M. Night Shyamalan movie is coming out.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads