• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Boston Gameday: October 19, 2013! PLAYER REGISTRATION OPEN

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
We're having another free Boston gameday! Held on Saturday October 19th, it'll be held in Jamaica Plain (Boston). I expect fewer due to the shorter notice, but we can have up to 4 games at either of the two 9:30am-1:30pm or 2:30pm-6:30pm slots. Standard deal: breakfast at about 8:30am for anyone who wants to come (bring something to share), and we'll figure something out for lunch (possibly barbecue with people kicking in $8.)

So please come, and please tell others! We are doing GM signups for the next two weeks, until Friday October 4th, which is when player registration opens. If you'd like to GM, please post below, either here or on the thread at Circvs Maximvs. If you saw this on G+, Facebook or Twitter, and prefer not to register, shoot me a note on one of those sites.

WHERE: The gameday is being held at 56 Peter Parley Road, in Jamaica Plain. Map: https://www.google.com/maps?q=56+pe...,+Jamaica+Plain,+Massachusetts+02130&t=m&z=17

The house is up a steep set on concrete steps from the street. Street parking is fine.Show up any time after 8:30am.

BREAKFAST: 8:30am

1. Piratecat
2. Bartendr
3. FickleGM
4. MrsFickleGM
5. PKB

SLOT ONE: 9:30am - 1:30pm

Ride of the Valkyrie, Pulp TimeWatch, run by Piratecat
You are an agent of TimeWatch's chronal patrol, using your time machine to keep history free of temporal sabotage. When nuclear war breaks out in the 1960s, you're dispatched back to find out who -- or what -- is to blame. Can you save history? Come find out!

TimeWatch is a GUMSHOE game of investigative time travel, run (in this case) by the author. No rules knowledge needed. 7 players.

1. Lovable Scoundrel
2. FickleGM
3. Qualidar
4. JC
5. PKB
6. Orchid Blossom
7. Bartendr
Alt: Dashwood

The Cloud City Job: An adventure for the Leverage rules system set in the Star Wars Universe, run by Zephrin the Lost -- CANCELLED --.

Sertorius, run by Lord Bill
Be a mighty sorcerer with a spark of divine power, a hulking ogre cursed by the gods, or even a lesser mortal. Experience a mythic swords and sorcery setting where magic is powerful, but
very dangerous to a reckless wielder.

Get an early look at a new rpg before it is published. No rules knowledge needed.

1. Dashwood
2. ShadowDenizen
3. Seonaid
4. MrsFickleGM
5. Ladysprite
6. Umbran
Alt: Brendan

SLOT TWO: 2:30pm - 6:30pm

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of..., Fate Accelerated, run by FickleGM
You each answered the ad to participate in a dream research study. You know that the study pays up to $10,000 for one month of your time, that it involves studying the positive health effects of pleasant dreams and that it involves testing a drug that causes pleasant dreams. Aside from committing a month of your life, you really can't see any drawbacks...plus, you could really use the money and the pleasant dreams.

Fortunately, you were one of the few chosen for the study and you need only show up, do what you're told and collect your paycheck. It looks like your luck is turning around...

...some of them want to abuse you...some of them want to be abused...

I will be running this scenario using Fate Accelerated, but will be sending the players Dread-esque questionnaires in order to build their characters.

Players
1. Lovable Scoundrel
2. Ladysprite
3. ShadowDenizen
4. Seonaid
5. Piratecat
6. Umbran
Alt:

Who You Gonna Call?, Mutants & Masterminds run by PrincessKeyBlade

People in Freedom City in the 1890's were constantly haunted by ghosts. You* are the only team who can curb the current unusual events. Needless to say, you are very popular. Lately strange things have been happening at the Freedom City library -- people are being trapped in books, ghosts have been messing up the card catalog. It has not been what you call a "normal" week at the library. It is up to you to find the culprit... So are you game?

*By you I mean the Spectre Inspectors - "No job is too big, no supernatural being too small. The Spectre Inspectres are always on the call, so drop them a line and stop in any time. Day or night they will make it right!" (Source: The Spectre Inspectors advertisement -- Freedom City Gazette, October 19, 1893.)

No knowledge of the rules necessary. This game has the potential to be scary, so it may not be for the young. Be ready for puns, wit and the occasional ghost or two.

1. MrsFickleGM
2. Qualidar
3. JC
4. Orchid Blossom
5. Dashwood
6. Brendan
Alt:

The Fungus Among Us, Atomic Robo (FATE based), run by Umbran -- CANCELLED --

The Great Machine, Savage Worlds (Gamma World), run by Dashwood -- CANCELLED --

Last edited:

I will run something. Still figuring out what. Can you put my Mystery game in the second slot and I will fill you in as soon as I know what it is.

I was thinking M&M steampunk ghostbusters set in Freedom by gas light or WW II with Zombies.

FickleGM

Explorer
I will be running Fate Accelerated. Throw me in the afternoon, please. Details to come when I have time to "blurbarize" it.

orchid blossom

Explorer
I'm not sure we could get anyone to watch the little one, especially since we will have been to Boston two weeks earlier, but I'll let Alex know this is up.

Possibly we'll come out with little one, and only one of us will game. We had planned to go to Salem in October anyway...

Update: Alex has a promotional exam, so he can't go. I may try to come out myself, we'll see.

Last edited:

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Hr. I don't remember the calendar - I may be out that day playing Porthos.

If I'm not, I can run Atomic Robo! Wackiness will ensue!

nasrat

Explorer
Lisa and I would love to come up

I'd be up for running

One step beyond - A Far future adventure of exploration using the Numenera Setting and system. A recent 'quake has caused an influx of refugees in the city. You've signed on for a variety of reasons to the expedition. What's the worst that can possibly happen?

All rules will be taught.Characters provided.

If that's interesting for folks I'll run it.

FickleGM

Explorer
Okay, here is my blurb for the scenario I plan to run in the 2:30-6:30 afternoon slot (I could switch to the morning if necessary):

Sweet Dreams Are Made Of...

You each answered the ad to participate in a dream research study. You know that the study pays up to $10,000 for one month of your time, that it involves studying the positive health effects of pleasant dreams and that it involves testing a drug that causes pleasant dreams. Aside from committing a month of your life, you really can't see any drawbacks...plus, you could really use the money and the pleasant dreams.

Fortunately, you were one of the few chosen for the study and you need only show up, do what you're told and collect your paycheck. It looks like your luck is turning around...

...some of them want to abuse you...some of them want to be abused...

I will be running this scenario using Fate Accelerated, but will be sending the players Dread-esque questionnaires in order to build their characters.

Players

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Turns out that my wife and I are free that day. So, I offer:

The Fungus Among Us, Atomic Robo (FATE based)
4 to 6 players
Tesladyne Industries sends a team of of Action Scientists to a remote corner of Oregon to check on Biome 3, a research station with a self-contained environment, after the chief research scientist at the facility failed to report in on schedule. It was probably only a malfunction in their communications gear. Nothing to worry about. Really. Just a milk run. What could possibly go wrong?

Using the new (as yet unreleased) Atomic Robo Rules from Evil Hat Games. No previous experience with the system is required. All necessary rules will be taught.

Last edited:

Remove ads