New Brandon Sanderson Kickstarter makes million dollar campaigns look tiny

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
Guess I should read the first volume of Stormlight Archives I've got lying around here somewhere and see what the hullabaloo is all about...

darkwillow

Explorer
Brandon rocks, love his youtube channel teaching you to write.
When I started searching fantasy to read a few years ago him and Brian McClellan (Powder Mage), Mark Lawrence (Price of Thorns) were stand outs for me.
Its so hard to find fantasy that I can read now that I'm older. No idea why its difficult to write.

Zaukrie

New Publisher
Brandon rocks, love his youtube channel teaching you to write.
When I started searching fantasy to read a few years ago him and Brian McClellan (Powder Mage), Mark Lawrence (Price of Thorns) were stand outs for me.
Its so hard to find fantasy that I can read now that I'm older. No idea why its difficult to write.
Did you just type you don't know why it is hard to write good fiction?

darkwillow

Explorer
Did you just type you don't know why it is hard to write good fiction?
As in D&D Fantasy fiction. I'm not a writer so I don't know much about writing. But I know beyond Harry Potter, GoT, LOTR and a dozen more, its incredibly hard to find fantasy books I can read as an older adult. I tried to read Forgotten Realms books (I loved Drizzt 30 years ago), but as much as I love Ed Greenwood, I just can't sit through it. I guess you have to be a bored teenager to do it.

As in D&D Fantasy fiction. I'm not a writer so I don't know much about writing. But I know beyond Harry Potter, GoT, LOTR and a dozen more, its incredibly hard to find fantasy books I can read as an older adult. I tried to read Forgotten Realms books (I loved Drizzt 30 years ago), but as much as I love Ed Greenwood, I just can't sit through it. I guess you have to be a bored teenager to do it.

I would not put it that drastically, but yeah, 20 or 30 or 40 years ago, I read tons of fantasy and sci-fi, but nowadays nothing newer really catches with me, no matter how good other people say it is. And yeah, some of the stuff I loved in the 80's and 90's just does not click any more either.

Eyes of Nine

Everything's Fine
The stuff I liked in the 80's 90's I don't really appreciate now. However there's a lot of new stuff that is not "high fantasy" that I'm liking

Remove ads