• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Bullet Points up at WotC: Gadgety Goodness

OStephens said:
Wow, that's a GREAT question. If you want an -official- answer, send that to bulletpoints@wizards.com.

Unofficially and off the top of my head, I beleive I'd allow gadgets on mecha equipment, but that doesn't automatically change the slots a weapon needs. (For example, there are both Large and Huge weapon that take 1 slot). It would be useful for reducing the size of handheld weapons (allowing smaller mecha to carry the bigger weapons), and all the non-size related gadgets should work fine.

What we really need is a mecha gadget system...

Working on it as we speak. It may not be official, but it should be balanced. It is still in the draft phase. Same goes for starship gadegts, but the scale is a bit bigger. I would not say no to a Mecha sourcebook as I'm a sucker for them (loved, absolutely loved Mecha Crusade), but I prefer d20 Mecha for my games.

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
The Black Kestrel said:
I would not say no to a Mecha sourcebook as I'm a sucker for them (loved, absolutely loved Mecha Crusade),...
Yeah. It just needs some colorful names/terms like Mecha Crusader, Mecha Templar, Mecha Savant, etc.

I'd agree with Hobgoblin, vehicle or mecha mounted for starship weapons. Now mecha weapons (of Gargantuan size or smaller) could be man-portable with the right gadgets (really just miniaturized).

hobgoblin

First Post
the reason i think atleast some of the mecha could be man portable si that atleast the smallest are listed as large weapons. and large weapons are man-portable, but needs to be deployed before use. those that go into the huge range im not sure about tho.

starship weapons do not drop below huge, therefor they fall outside of the range that a medium humanoid can carry around.

hmm, your onto something there kestrel.

hobgoblin said:
the reason i think atleast some of the mecha could be man portable si that atleast the smallest are listed as large weapons. and large weapons are man-portable, but needs to be deployed before use. those that go into the huge range im not sure about tho.

starship weapons do not drop below huge, therefor they fall outside of the range that a medium humanoid can carry around.

hmm, your onto something there kestrel.

Thanks,

The material for adding some variation to d20 Future mecha already exists in the gadget system. It's a simple matter of applying some common sense to prevent abuses and to adapt them to mecha.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads