• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Bullet Points up at WotC: Gadgety Goodness

jaerdaph said:
Thanks again, Owen.

You are most welcome.

And for note I just can't condone removing any geek accreditation just because someone hasn't seem the original Highlander movie. I can, however, get behind issuing a warning, to be removed once the film has been seen. It's an easy fix.

Arrrrr.

iwatt

First Post
I keep hearing people mention the first Highlander movie. That would imply that there's more than one which is impossible.

C. Baize

First Post
No, no... there were 4 movies. Here's how they are:
Highlander - The Film. There can be only one, baby. But even as powerful as Kurgan was... he wasn't the very last other than Connor.
Highlander 2 - Connor had a LIIIIIIIITLE too much absinthe, and this was his hallucinatory dream.
Highlander 3 - Happened. (yeah yeah... sue me)
Highlander 4 - Duncan's dream occurence. Didn't happen, and Duncan woke up the next morning going, "Whoa... that would be cool..." Connor, having no knowledge of Duncan's dream, went about life as usual the next morning.

jaerdaph

#UkraineStrong
iwatt said:
I keep hearing people mention the first Highlander movie. That would imply that there's more than one which is impossible.

iwatt gets quadruple geek points for refusing to recognize the existance of Highlander II, III and IV!

Ranger REG

Explorer
OStephens said:
You are most welcome.

And for note I just can't condone removing any geek accreditation just because someone hasn't seem the original Highlander movie. I can, however, get behind issuing a warning, to be removed once the film has been seen. It's an easy fix.

Arrrrr.
Well, he can always apply for reinstatement of his geek status. Not like we're going to permanently banned him once he goes mainstream on us. :p

BTW, the gadget system only works on personal weapons and equipment, right? Or is it possible to to miniaturize a mecha weapon that normally takes up 2 slots, be fitted into 1 slot (or less)?

Last edited:

iwatt

First Post
jaerdaph said:
iwatt gets quadruple geek points for refusing to recognize the existance of Highlander II, III and IV!

:D

*Struts around as high level geek, but still hides geekitude from the non-enlightened.*

Ranger REG said:
BTW, the gadget system only works on personal weapons and equipment, right? Or is it possible to to miniaturize a mecha weapon that normally takes up 2 slots, be fitted into 1 slot (or less)?

Wow, that's a GREAT question. If you want an -official- answer, send that to bulletpoints@wizards.com.

Unofficially and off the top of my head, I beleive I'd allow gadgets on mecha equipment, but that doesn't automatically change the slots a weapon needs. (For example, there are both Large and Huge weapon that take 1 slot). It would be useful for reducing the size of handheld weapons (allowing smaller mecha to carry the bigger weapons), and all the non-size related gadgets should work fine.

What we really need is a mecha gadget system...

hobgoblin

First Post
remember to throw in a gadget that turns mecha weapons into man portable weapons.
thats the best solution i have come up with so far when faced with taking down a mecha without using another mecha (alltho given that im then using mecha weapons its very close to using a mecha).

Last edited:

Ranger REG

Explorer
OStephens said:
Wow, that's a GREAT question. If you want an -official- answer, send that to bulletpoints@wizards.com.
Sure. :cool:

OStephens said:
Unofficially and off the top of my head, I beleive I'd allow gadgets on mecha equipment, but that doesn't automatically change the slots a weapon needs. (For example, there are both Large and Huge weapon that take 1 slot). It would be useful for reducing the size of handheld weapons (allowing smaller mecha to carry the bigger weapons), and all the non-size related gadgets should work fine.
(Unofficially) You mean mecha handheld weapons, right?

OStephens said:
What we really need is a mecha gadget system...
That would require a 96-page (or 160-page) mecha sourcebook (or Mecha Crusade campaign book).

Either that or use above topic to revive the monthly "Notes from the Bunker" web column.

Ranger REG

Explorer
hobgoblin said:
remember to throw in a gadget that turns mecha weapons into man portable weapons.
thats the best solution i have come up with so far when faced with taking down a mecha without using another mecha (alltho given that im then using mecha weapons its very close to using a mecha).
What about turning a starship weapon into a man-portable weapon?

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads