• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

new campaign, build suggestions

mr.pink

First Post
so my dm is starting a new campaign and i get to play with people who have never played before. This is great, except for a couple things, i play comic relief characters, i am not very tolerant of noobs and i like to have the strongest character i can possibly have.

yes i am one of those kids

so anyway all i know now is that i want to play a nature-based character

these are my two ideas a

• Tibbit scout/warshaper
  • A Centaur ranger/warhulk
Does any one have any suggestions on which would be more awesome/ build suggestions. Rember the DM has a special eye on me to keep me at their level, which i don't know what that is

javcs

First Post
First of all ... you need to find out what level the campaign is going to be starting at; then you need to find out how stat generation is working, and any DM houserules/special mods relevant to character creation. What books are being allowed for use?

All of these are vital, without them, what little help you'll be able to get will be fairly non-specific to your circumstances.

For example, the starting build will vary depending on what level you're starting with.

I'm just going to point this out, though - ranger/Warhulk is suboptimal - ranger gets lots of skills, many of which are dependent on Int/Wis/Cha, which get shut down by Warhulk, fighter/Warhulk would probably be better - more versatility in what options you can select. Remember, warhulk doesn't advance BAB.

bigbaddragon

First Post
If you decide to go warhulk and can spare to put 14 in wisdom adding 7 levels of cleric for Divine Power could do good. Of course, the playability of a build like this depends on your starting level but full BAB with tons of strength and power attack looks very nice :)

Darklone

If you decide to go warhulk and can spare to put 14 in wisdom adding 7 levels of cleric for Divine Power could do good. Of course, the playability of a build like this depends on your starting level but full BAB with tons of strength and power attack looks very nice :)
9 levels of cleric for Rightheous Might. Getting bigger is always nice for warhulks.

Remove ads