New Campaign Setting Hint Is Eberron?

Eberron? Count me in!

Mr. Wilson

Explorer
Between this and Keith Baker saying he was under a deadline for a big project, I can only hope.

I really do believe it's likely the two settings will be Spelljammer and Eberron.

vivsavage

Explorer
I would rather WOTC give us a new campaign world. If I'm not mistaken, the most recent one was Eberron in 2003. That's 15 years since we got something fresh.

gyor

Legend
Between this and Keith Baker saying he was under a deadline for a big project, I can only hope.

I really do believe it's likely the two settings will be Spelljammer and Eberron.

I agree, assuming this isn't all a cruel joke, except I think it will be Eberron and Planejammer (merged plan escape/spelljammer setting).

Ath-kethin

Elder Thing
I agree, assuming this isn't all a cruel joke, except I think it will be Eberron and Planejammer (merged plan escape/spelljammer setting).

I'm in for Eberron, but I'd consider merging Spelljammer and Planescape to be a cruel joke in and of itself.

thorgrit

Explorer
It's hard not to be excited for new product of my favourite setting, but I have mixed feelings. I've taken a lot of the 3.5e book, some bits from the 4e book, and hacked together my own take on the world. I don't have any of the other sourcebooks, so I've been filling in details myself, unaware of what's "canonically" been fleshed out. Like more of what's in Sharn, how the Silver Flame operates, etc. I've even gone against what's in the books I have to create a custom interesting story for my players. It would feel weird to see a new book take updates in a completely different direction and "undo" a lot of my custom work.

Keith Baker converting Eberron to 5e would make sense. I'd prefer Greyhawk but it's too functionally similar to FR.
In other news, earlier this month Kobold Press retweeted an image of Queen Marie of Romania, in which her head is surrounded by a halo of what could be taken to be... blades. Wolfgang Baur writing a 5e Planescape perhaps?

Warpiglet

Adventurer
I am getting old. I would rather it be Greyhawk or just something totally new.

Something new with LESS lore would be fun...more to fill in.

In 1st Edition AD&D days, the 'Realms seemed new and novel. We enjoyed a less populated feel. Now? It seems like a Mexican soap opera to me. Part of it is the many books and popular characters but it seems too civilized, too tamed, too well known.

Something fresh or little explored would be fun. I would buy a reference just for reading pleasure for Tyr's sake!

Remove ads

Remove ads