• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Character ideas

One thing I've always wanted to try is a ranger with a vow of poverty, with wisdom as the primary stat.

A surprisingly high number of spells, spot, listen and survival in the stratosphere, the various nemesis exalted feats, and the insightful strike and zen archery feats so you use wisdom for all your hit rolls.

The NPC won't complain if you step on her toes.

Lord Zardoz

Explorer
I also suggest going more for Tank. Spell casting and Stealth do seem very nicely handled already.

I would say go for a Half Ogre Monk with that Powerful Build feat that I have read about, and max out your DC for Stunning Fist. You have 2 Rogue types in your party who would love to have someone able to Grapple or Stun and expose opponents to sneak Attacks. For more fun, go for levels in Hulking Hurler, and literally throw your enemies around.

Consider this bit of fun after you receive enlarge person and Str buffs:

"I want to grapple his horse and then throw it at him".

How can you choose anything else?

END COMMUNICATION

nute

Explorer
Salthorae said:
I rolled a pretty sweet set of stats on 4d6 drop lowest, but I'll admit it... I'm kind of out of ideas for characters. here are the stats: 17, 14, 16, 15, 11, 12. 8th level, standard wealth. Books available: any WotC except MIC as our DM doesn't have it yet & Tome of Battle as I'm not enamored with that book... Oh and our DM has recently banned Warlocks so none of those either :)

THANKS!!

My thoughts:

Human Monk2/Ranger2/Fighter4
STR: 12
DEX: 17 (bump to 18 at 4th level)
CON: 16
INT: 14
WIS: 15 (bump to 16 at 8th level)
CHA: 11
Free feats (monk): Improved Unarmed Strike, Stunning Fist, Combat Reflexes
Free feats (ranger): Track, Two-Weapon Fighting
Fighter bonus feats: Dodge, Mobility, Spring Attack
Regular Feats: Combat Expertise, Improved Disarm, Improved Trip, Whirlwind Attack

He'd have to go unarmored, and he's definitely not the damage monkey of the party, but wielding a sai+kama makes him pretty awesome at rapid disarm/trip attacks. He's looking at +7 AC from his DEX and WIS alone, so stack some stat boosting items on him or the all-popular Rings of Protection/Amulet of Natural Armor, and you're golden.

atomn

Explorer
amethal said:
If you've got Tome of Magic, try a binder. They are fantastic fun to play, from a roleplaying standpoint, and mechanics wise the ability to change your character from day to day is also fantastic fun.

I second the binder! I really want to play one, they're very keen!!

dutorn

First Post
Dwarf Ranger, melee officinado

Something with hammers and axes of course. You're especially well known for your ability to navigate underground terrain, for instance, dungeons :cool:

Warren Okuma

First Post
I suggest a druid. Either a wild shaper (who hates his human form) or a summoner (prefers summoned creatures to fight for him).

Raised by wolves, he or she comes forth more feral than civilized.
Or a city druid, that cares for rats and such.
Or a dwarven caver an underground druid.

Ahrimon

Bourbon and Dice
Human Cleric 5, Human Paragon 3
Extend spell
Persistant spell
Divine Metamagic Persistant spell
Extra Turning

Divine Metamagic a Divine Power spell. 24 hour Divine Power is scary.
Now you have a cleric with full fighter BAB a darn good strength and a load of other spells to buff up with.

Just beware the dispell magic. :confused:

Remove ads