• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Character Sheet: Clean & Powerful

FoxWander

Adventurer
Kudos on the great sheet. I have to say this is as close to perfect as I've seen. I won't repeat them here, but I agree with almost all the good points that have been mentioned so far. I do have a couple of tweaks that would make me use this rather than the sheet I designed myself.

1) I like what czak808 mentioned about space for special mods near saving throws, but I don't like how you implemented that with the layer. I think you took too much away from other areas that probably don't need a special mods section as much as saving throws do. Here's what I would suggest. Move all the speed boxes up underneath initiative. You can fit all three speed boxes up there by getting rid of the hit points box at the top. Then take some height off the 'current hit points' and 'current subdual' boxes to add a total or full hit points box above them. Then you've got space for a special mods section just for saves without disturbing anything else.

2) I'll second (or is it third?) adding more space for knowledge skills. In fact, since you have the empty lines, I'd just spell out all the knowledges. That's what I did for my custom sheet and it's worked very well. You can also make the skills section look cleaner by marking skills that are "trained only" rather than the opposite of "can be used UNtrained". It makes them pop out a bit more so it's easier to tell them apart. (that's another thing I did on my sheet)

And that's all I've got. Everything else is great. It's a really good sheet even without the stuff I mentioned, but those 2 things (well 2 and a half actually) would make it perfect... for me! ;)

neceros

Adventurer
Quick Note: Updated a bit of the sheet recently. Check the website for more information.

Also, anyone interested in BESM 3 will be glad to hear I've recreated a character sheet for that system. It'll be up shortly.

Thanks!

darthkilmor

First Post
neceros said:
Quick Note: Updated a bit of the sheet recently. Check the website for more information.

Also, anyone interested in BESM 3 will be glad to hear I've recreated a character sheet for that system. It'll be up shortly.

Thanks!

The different options with the layers makes it pretty hot. Very hot indeed.
I dunno how dynamic you want to make it but a few things:
If you can't turn anything then the turn undead section isn't very useful.(Also, I dunno how common this is but, maybe you have no turn undead but can turn say, elementals"
Also, some domains give the additional ability to turn things like plants or elementals. Maybe a "No turn undead, more notes", "No turn undead or domain/school, more notes", "Extra turn <fill it in>, less notes.", and a "no domain/school, more notes (love for the paladin!")".

That and, if there was some way to make it fillable(and auto-calculate things like a 20 str is +5). All my players have a google docs spreadsheet that they've made that auto-calculates a whole lot of stuff, and they usually have to print a new one every other game cause they forgot their sheet, so fillable would be like, whoa!(Also it wouldnt be 6 pages of stuff.) (i dunno what the capability of pdf's are though, if you can calculate stuff like that. Would make tracking encumbrance a breeze.). The only thing keeping me from using that would be that we use a modified skill list.
A "Standard Skill List", "Empty Skill List" layer that could be filled in would sell me I think. :D

But yeah, awesome sheet !

Torx

First Post
I would also like to add that these sheets are wonderful. I've been using the madirishman form sheets for years, but I think I like this better.

And this is good timing as we're about to start a new campaign too. I look forward to seeing what you come up with for the form sheets.

Asmor

First Post
The perfect character sheet has already been made. Actually, there's several different versions of it. Microsoft Word, OpenOffice.org Writer, GoogleDocs...

A blank page and a blinking cursor are all the character sheet I need!

Enforcer

Explorer
Hey, great job on the sheet with forms. I have one suggestion, however. I believe Acrobat allows you to set the Tab order for fields. If you could get the form sheet so that hitting Tab would go to the next field in a logical order, I think that'd make a great sheet even better.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads