• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Chat Site?

R

Ricohard_Draconis

WotC_Mel said:
On discussion with the Akiva techs I was told that no the profile box couldnt be expanded. We had know owned the product license for over a year, had the major issues of log in resolved and that salesperson doest even work there any longer. As a missing feature it was disappointing but not dealbreaking. Obviously many of you feel differently. However that was not Wizards perspective on it.

As a side note, I did find the possiblity of having profiles pop open a new window that contained a boards post (and you can link individaul posts) offered some interesting possibilities. Including having character portraits and a permanat browsable roster available of all the players in a setting. It seemed (and still seems) like a reasonable work around to me. To many of you it does not.

I don't mean to be rude, i know how hard it is to run even a small forum let alone something as massive as wizards. so i'll say my piece and hope that its understood that any aggression is not against the wizo's or the technicians or any one else in particular.

Firstly for the ISRP communitiy i believe that the Description think would have been Deal breaking. Maybe the other areas of the chat can get by without it but for us its an essential.

Secondly opening extra windows is all well and good but i'm rarely only on one site and normally have lots of windows open at once. Having extra pop up windows just get in the way, though if thats the way it has to be.

Thirdly while i don't have any character art work i think the hosting of pictures if were going to have to have posted descriptions is something that would be very very useful.

Also perhaps an extra but what about connecting from the rooms to threads like the emporium market holders thread or a list of people who room at the crt. If we're linking the boards and the chat closer together.

Nevine

First Post
WotC_Mel said:
The skin is derived from exisiting D&D art and is not likely to be the last graphic set we have, though it will have to suffice for the immediate future.

I wanted to go back to this. I have a little question, but chiefly just want to point something out that I noticed. My question is simple: Is there a new ISRP skin being worked on, if not, is there a timeframe? Thank you.

My observation, well, it's my cynical humor. After I ventured into the forsaken land of RPG Live! I noticed..

RPG Live! Skin: I want to say this is a beautiful skin. There are a lot of nice touches on the borders and "send" button. Good contrast on color, it is very pleasing to the eye. It also appears that the "dragon head" at the top is custom art.

ISRP Skin: At the top we have the Feytouched/Fey Features Article art, and someone exhaustingly took the time to go around it with the glow tool. And the rest, it looks like someone just took the black flood fill tool and clicked once.

Nevine

First Post
I don't mean to double post here, but it's been a few days and editing in what I have to say isn't an option as you may have already come and gone.

I know we've given you a hard time over this, Mel. It is likely extremely frustrating to have to talk to us and deal with technical issues of the chat software (not to the mention the boards). But, there is a reason for it. We (or atleast I) like ISRP that much. Most of the people that have posted perceived all this as a threat to it and responded accordingly.

We're the coolest area of the chat rooms. We don't need gimmicks to draw people in. There is always something or someone new, so things rarely become stale or overly talked about. There are characters from all the established settings (old and new) who talk about the lore (or "fluff") of their world or speak of their own homebrew going ons.

We disagree and rub each other the wrong way on occassion, but we're still a community. We see and interact with each other (through our characters) often and that tends to build up. So, yeah. You have had to get down here in the nitty-gritty with us directly for the first time (and likely the last, unless other major changes are coming). I don't think once in six years is all that bad.

Anyway, since this is pretty much at a close, thank you for speaking with us. We didn't start a ruckus to cause trouble, it was started because we like what we have that much.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads