• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

D&D 3E/3.5 New D&D 3.5 monster: The Hill Hopper PEACH

MrAdam

First Post
Hill Hopper
Medium Aberration
Hit Dice: 2d8+2 (HP 10)
Speed: 30 (6 squares)
Initiative: +3
Armor Class: 15 (+3 DEX +2natural) touch 13 flat-footed 12
Base Attack/Grapple: +1/+2
Attack: Bite + 2 (id6+1)
Full Attack: Bite + 2 (id6+1)
Space/Reach: 5’ / 5’
Special Attack: N/A
Special Qualities: Prodigious Leap, Dark-vision 60’
Saves: Fort+1 Ref +3 Will +4
Abilities: Str12 Dex 16 Con 12 Int 9 Wis 12 Cha 9
Skills: Jump +10* Intimidate +3 Perception 3 Stealth 7 Tumble +7
Feats: Dodge
Environment: Temperate to tropical hills
Organization: Solitary or hunting party 3-10
CR: 1
Treasure: Incidental Shiny objects
Alignment: Chaotic Evil
Advancement:
LA: N/A
A bizarre aberration known for it’s prodigious leaping ability, the hill hopper an odd predatory creature, with a great, misshapen sack of a head, with a single, red glaring eye, and a mouth-full of teeth like knives. The hopper’s name comes from it’s two immensely muscular, backwards facing legs , which are attached to the sides of it’s head and are adapted solely for jumping, propelling it in leaps up to 30’ or more.
Combat
Hill hoppers use their incredible jumping ability to get the drop on their prey, weather pouncing on it from above, or surprising it from below, groups of hill hoppers will mob their prey while solitary ones will use hit and run tactics. Hill hoppers are by no means stupid or suicidal will not hesitate to run when their prey proves too much for them

Prodigious Leap (EX) A hill hopper can jump up to 30’ in a single bound, and gets +1o to all jump checks. Additionally, A hill hopper can take 10 on a jump check even when rushed or threatened

Debby

Explorer
Black text on a black background is tough on the eyes. Some of your stats seem off and it clearly needs to be proofread and edited. I'm not sure if this is an amalgam of 3.5 and Pathfinder since it has skills like perception and stealth rather than Spot and Listen. Is the jump bonus +1 or +10? It looks to be +10.

Skills: it has 5 skill ranks so I'm assuming it has +1 in all skills listed. Jump should be +11 if you are including the +10 bonus (and it should be noted in the section that the bonus is already included in the stats). It seems like the bonus should be a racial bonus as well.

For example:
Prodigious Leap (Ex): A hill hopper can jump up to 30 feet in a single bound and has a +10 racial bonus to all Jump checks (included in the stats above). Additionally, a hill hopper can Take 10 on a Jump check even when rushed or threatened.

Debby

Last edited:

Nookie

Explorer
That thing gives me a creepy little mental image like a toothy beholder. for some reason i cant help but picture it with bunny ears.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads