• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D&D Aide Product (at least to me...)

RogueRonin

Explorer
Hey, a friend of mine got a set of these and says they work really well. I haven't seen them in action yet, though. I ordered a set, I guess ther are on back order or something, but I can't wait to get them... My group just started a major dungeon-crawl style campaign, so they will get lots of use! Tracer (or anyone else, for that matter), can you recommend a good brand of markers/erasers? I don't want to get a bad set and mess up my tiles.

Tom

First Post
RogueRonin said:
Hey, a friend of mine got a set of these and says they work really well. I haven't seen them in action yet, though. I ordered a set, I guess ther are on back order or something, but I can't wait to get them... My group just started a major dungeon-crawl style campaign, so they will get lots of use! Tracer (or anyone else, for that matter), can you recommend a good brand of markers/erasers? I don't want to get a bad set and mess up my tiles.

I would recommend Expo, chisel tip, at least four colors. I haven't noticed any problems with staining, so red or yellow are OK too. The low odor or scented variety work well with the tiles and won't kill your brain cells as quickly ;).

Jaws

First Post
I have to take them wherever we game. Even when I'm not the DM. My friends always ask "Did you bring the Tact-Tiles?" Damn straight.

Peace and smiles :)

j.

Rokes

First Post
A friend of mine bought the 12 piece set, and within the following month I had bought a set of my own. Excellent for the dungeon crawl, or any other scenery that must be dynamic. I, like many others, still prefer a battlemat for outdoor encounters.

Anyone see the review by Monte Cook in Dungeon #116? Tact-tiles scored higher than MasterMaze and Battlemats, and rightfully so!

francisca

I got dice older than you.
thalmin said:
Reminds me of a product series done by Mayfair for their RoleAids line many years ago. They used laminated cardboard, the tiles were available in black, blue or white, but only had 5/8" hexes.
That funny! I was just looking at the May 1983 Dragon last night, when I saw an ad for them. I said to myself, "That's where I've seen Tact-tiles before!"

Attached is the ad.

Attachments

• mayfair.jpg
    mayfair.jpg
    61 KB · Views: 81

Shawn_Kehoe

First Post
Rhone1 said:
If anyone has a set of tact-tiles they would be open to parting with I am willing to pay top dollar.

Man, I was so disappointed when I went to Gen Con last year and was unable to buy these. I mean, c'mon, it's GEN CON! :)

Remove ads