• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D&D Facebook Game Live Today!

RabidBob

First Post
Adventure progress 4/6. Bit bored. Waiting for each move compounded with no real choices to make gives me the feeling that the whole thing is happening to me and there's not much interaction.

So that was exciting, I clicked a button to go an adventure which involved waiting for 8 minutes, clicking a button, and finding that I had suceeded in my quest. Way to go me. Oh wait, I didn't do anything. No decisions. No enemies to fight. Just a silly log in my way. Glad I managed to pass, else I'd be waiting another 8.5 minutes to try again or something.

OK, so I probably should have read the FAQ first. This just doesn't seem very D&D to me. It looks more or less like War (the card game)... except the other player's deck is mixed with normal cards and cards that say "roll 1d20 and add X".

Tip for new players: read the FAQ and buy a potion; it's not like your gold is that useful otherwise.

I would also like to vote for decreasing the delay between adventure updates.

From reading the FAQ it looks like you can get free aid another from up to 2 friends for +1 each... time to start posting profile names?

Edit: Rules gripe: You can find a potion during your adventure but can't equip it until your next adventure? I could understand not being able to unequip a potion that you had consumed and were still benefiting from, as representing "don't mix too many strange potions at once, the effects would be unpredictable", but if I have no potions in effect, why can't I drink from new-found potion of dexterity if I want to?

Last edited:

The FAQ isn't really a lot of help with picking adventures when the description is vague at best, and then when the description is precise ("Book of the Four Gods"), I go into a swamp and have two encounters: 1 CON, and 1 STR. That's funny, I thought the FAQ said... "Swamp: Charisma, Intelligence". Well, I guess those might be the most common and I just have bad luck.

elwynbdas

First Post
Where is the point if I can't make choices

this could be fun if I could only make some real choices, like in those old solo paperback adventure books. Without choices, it's only about equipping potions on time before you die.

Verision

First Post
D&Df - The precursor to DDi

Looks...interesting. I don't see why the race/class selection has to be so restricted, but since all you're really doing is clicking one button and then choosing an adventure, I guess the race/class isn't so important.

Hmm, the fact that you can heal your friends makes me want to create 2 secondary accounts and just use them to heal...is that frowned upon?

Ganadai

First Post
How do you retire a cheracter? I want to start a different one, the Cleric sucks.

I think this is a neat application, but I think it is more suited towards people who's job consists of them sitting at a computer all day so they can check it every five minutes, and to people who actually have friends on facebook.

My facebook name is Ganadai Sune if anyone wants to add me as a friend and exchange buffs / healing.

Last edited:

RefinedBean

First Post
Kind of weird being a Dragonborn Fighter and starting off with:

A. 15 AC
B. No proficiency bonus from my weapon
C. 15 Cha? Can I...Can I reroll, or something? I want that 13 in my Con, and the 14 Dex in Wis. ;)

Remove ads