• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D&D Facebook Game Live Today!

Bagpuss

Legend
If we saw half the inventiveness shown in some of these encounters in this game in the module writing for the new Dungeon it wouldn't look so full of dungeon crawls.

Kaelkatar

First Post
Twice I've had the issue of being errored out of the game with the max connections thing, half hour later it comes back working again, I failed the encounter I was on, but ended up with like 5 extra items and 5 extra potions in my inventory with no way of finding out how. They were 90% crap, but its still money.

Has anyone figured out what "E" this is? At fist I thought oh this is 4E, but then the results seemed off.

YUK.

Oh well I'm level 3 and all I did was push a button here and there and buy some healing pots...

WOW makes 3&4E both look wonderful.:devil:

Kaelkatar

First Post
Its not any edition, Its using the basic premise of 4e (Fixed stat + d20 vs Fixed Goal) but in a much more simple manner.

Likely the game is a way to acquire new people and reacquire people that haven't played recently. The friends heal you function makes avid DnD players who attempt it try to get as many of their friends to play and heal them. Thus the game is simple enough to need little explanation, but interesting enough to get people to try real DnD out.

Thanks. A know issue is levels gained seem to go lost. I hope they get it fixed. For those who live on Facebook it's not bad, but certainly not great either: time waster.

Bagpuss

Legend
Seems they got way more server load than they expected. So it processed some encounters multiple times, giving extra xp and equipment, this was later removed hence the loss of xp and levels.

Now it seems to not process encounters at all if the server load is too high.

With inventory and items and the buff and heal friends, it has a lot more interactivity than most of the applications on facebook.

Zulithe

Explorer
To those complaining about the gameplay, keep in mind that it isn't a game per se, more of a D&D-flavored 'distraction', much like most other social networking applications.

Personally I really like it. I hope they'll iron out some of the bugs, and maybe add a few more features and increase the level cap given time.

Bigwilly

First Post
I completed the first mission and discovered a whole bunch of loot in my inventory. So I sold most of it off and bought some new armor. My dragonborn fighter, Chill is now level 3.

Last edited:

Sirea

First Post
It seems to only work if your facebook account logs into new.facebook.com and I have no idea what controls that.
Right, at home the 'new' Facebook is enabled and there I had no problem. At work the 'new' Facebook is disabled and it gives the error. I'd have to guess as to the reason why on the computers at work the 'new' Facebook is disabled. Maybe no permission for certain plug-ins, or such.

Some feedback on the game itself: the only interactivity seems to be drinking a potion or equiping some new found item. That's ok with me, I like to read what happened to my character after an hour or so. Only if you play completely hands-off, you miss the best opportunities to drink that potion when you need it, or to equip that new and better item. Actively monitoring your adventures, so you don't miss those opportunities, is not really that exciting, with the 10 minute wait inbetween encounters.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads