• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC New D&D survey from WotC as part of the 50th anniversary year.

mamba

Legend
That's a good point. Recommending LevelUP5E or something from Kobold Press probably counts as recommending a "D&D" product that isn't a WoTC product.
that was the other alternative, but I decided against it. I assume they would explicitly distinguish between D&D and 3pp products, seems more relevant than between MtG and D&D in the ‘WotC product’ question

OakenHart

Adventurer
Hiring the Pinkertons for any kind of investigative or similar work is always a bad call unless your goal is intimidation. Period. The reason you hire them is their name and the intimidatory and predatory aspect that name gives them. It's the same reason you hire them for close protection or the like - it gives the people they're protecting a sense that these guys are "dangerous badasses", even though they're just the same ol same ol rentacops you could get from a dozen different agencies (indeed they're owned by Securitas, the most generic of rentacops), and for some people that vibe matters.
This is what led my group to stop buying from them. WotC used them and were completely unapologetic, never taking responsibility. Haven't bought a WotC product since, it's all been solely using the stuff our group already owned and 3rd party materials.

I understand that it's possible for miscommunications to happen or for people to make mistakes but to do this then never own up to it, much less behave as if nothing was out-of-line, is unacceptable.

I'm kinda surprised that "I hate X" is an option in the survey. Normally that's a question corporate surveyors are reluctant to ask as even raising the possibility that a Customer could hate the Product is Verboten.

Kinda feels like they're trying to get honest opinions from as many people as possible with this short and to the point survey. Very interesting in itself!

FrogReaver

As long as i get to be the frog
I'm kinda surprised that "I hate X" is an option in the survey. Normally that's a question corporate surveyors are reluctant to ask as even raising the possibility that a Customer could hate the Product is Verboten.

Kinda feels like they're trying to get honest opinions from as many people as possible with this short and to the point survey. Very interesting in itself!
Maybe they seen enworlds poll about who was going to buy 5e2024

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads