• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

WotC New D&D survey from WotC as part of the 50th anniversary year.

Parmandur

Book-Friend
I would absolutely shrug at that and then probably boringly explain how I thought WotC's position was fairly reasonable! Also you normally just legally threaten people and then negotiate - taking actual legal action is cringe Nintendo stuff.
Nintendo will straight up ruin someone's life if they cross their red lines.
I guess what we're illustrating here is that we're two old cynics who are cynical about different things lol.
Lol, that's true. Different experiences, too: I'm in customer support, and making legal action not happen is a major guiding principle.

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
Liberate yourself friend, get a job as a landscape and get some fresh air. No one should have to live as a drone.

Very, very few people can get a job as a landscape. You have to be very pretty to get someone to pay you to lay around on their property.

As a landscaper... you are still a drone, following orders, doing physically demanding work. And maybe you get fresh air, or maybe you suck fumes from the gas engines of the powered tools you use....

Mistwell

Crusty Old Meatwad (he/him)
Wizards of the Coast has a new D&D survey as part of the 50th anniversary celebration.

As we celebrate the 50th anniversary of D&D we want to know what you think about the game with a quick survey!

✍️ Click the following link to access the survey! (estimated time: 2-5 minutes): 2024 Q1 Community Survey
So...where on the WOTC website, or DNDBeyond, did this come from?

DrJawaPhD

Explorer
That said, on the actual subject: I agree with folks suggesting this poll exists to start or end an argument in a meeting.
My theory is they realized they pissed off their customers with the OGL thing, and they want to track whether their Apology Tour efforts are working to rebuild their reputation. This survey sets the baseline results and then a while into the future they do a similar survey to see whether things are improving.

If future survey results show improvement then they'll know their efforts to play nice were worth it. If there is no improvement but the books are still selling then they'll know they can drop the pretenses because (some) people will always hate them but (most) people will buy the products anyways.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads