• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D&D Survey

Dice4Hire

First Post
Overall I have to admit it was a better survey than the last one I took 4-6 months ago. Teh questions were more balanced, and WOTC seemed to be trying more to get honest opinions, not support previous conclusions.

However, I would have liked questions regarding the playtest or pre-release PHB3 on DDI. Personally, I think it will hurt sales of the book, as there is less mystery, and less new content out there. I think that would have been a good area to think about.

malraux

First Post
  1. They want to find out what races and classes people liked, so they can work the whole "traction" angle on them (what causes traction? who uses traction? how can we milk the most cash from the traction of devas and avengers?)

...that's all MY overly suspicious mind could generate! I think those are both very worthy goals, honestly.

I know there is a mini book on dragonborn coming out in January. Perhaps they want to know what other races are popular for another race specific book.

Derulbaskul

Adventurer
My responses were mainly agreed/positive but I closed with bouquets for the electronic tools (ahhh, monster builder, how I love thee...) and brickbats for their appalling track record with adventures and adventure paths (but with a compliment for Rich Baker because he can still them right).

diaglo

Adventurer
It doesn't say AD&D, it says D&D. The problem is with the "Second Edition" of D&D since I don't recall them being labelled as such (weren't there 3 or 4 editions of "D&D" before it was dropped in favor of full AD&D support?) and the fact that they are trying to sidestep the confusing editions of D&D and AD&D and apparently treat oD&D and 1E AD&D as the same thing?
2edD&D was released in 1977
3edD&D was released in 1978

both were Holmes edited editions.

4edD&D Moldvay in 1980 and Cook Expert in 1981.

NinjaDancer

First Post
I had to disagree with the "good read" questions. But I don't read a Players' Handbook for a good read anyway. I liked that they let you explain why you liked different races and classes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads