• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New D&D Survey

Henry

Autoexreginated
I gotta say - I do like the mechanics of the 4E books, but I don't think I could measure ANY of them except for the DMG so far as a "good read." Not that it's a bad thing intrinsically (you're supposed to play the game, as opposed to read it) but it'd be nice if they could somehow magically work both usability and readability in.

malraux

First Post
I gotta say - I do like the mechanics of the 4E books, but I don't think I could measure ANY of them except for the DMG so far as a "good read." Not that it's a bad thing intrinsically (you're supposed to play the game, as opposed to read it) but it'd be nice if they could somehow magically work both usability and readability in.

The eberron CG isn't bad. It makes it easy to read piece-meal; I'll grant that a straight through read isn't as awesome. From what I've seen, the MotP is about the same way, good if you read in 5 page increments. Though I agree that the power books, item books, monster manuals, etc, are all great as crunch but very poor as reading material.

Obryn

Hero
I treat gaming books like I do magazines. I don't read all the way through them, usually; I just skip around to interesting parts as each various thing catches my interest.

-O

Umbran

Mod Squad
Staff member
Supporter
You know, your Location in your profile there is amazingly precise. Good enough to pull a street address from.

Let me be 100% clear: the moderation staff has no sense of humor with respect to creepy talk, vaguely suggestive of threats. If you make people here even a tiny bit worried about their physical safety, you are in for a heap of trouble.

Do not test us on this. I will repeat - no sense of humor. How funny you meant to be, or how harmless you thought it was, means less than nothing to us. We will not tolerate "jokes" along these lines.

I hope that leaves no question as to our position on the matter. Thank you very much for your attention. I now return you to your regularly scheduled conversation.

Storminator

First Post

Let me be 100% clear: the moderation staff has no sense of humor with respect to creepy talk, vaguely suggestive of threats. If you make people here even a tiny bit worried about their physical safety, you are in for a heap of trouble.

Do not test us on this. I will repeat - no sense of humor. How funny you meant to be, or how harmless you thought it was, means less than nothing to us. We will not tolerate "jokes" along these lines.

I hope that leaves no question as to our position on the matter. Thank you very much for your attention. I now return you to your regularly scheduled conversation.

My apologies. I meant to point out that the poster was perhaps being more specific than he wanted to be with his location.

I can see how it could be taken as a threat, particularly with the post I quoted. I was not attempting to threaten or make a joke. I obviously should have sent him a private message.

I am sorry.

PS

Contrarian

First Post
You know, your Location in your profile there is amazingly precise. Good enough to pull a street address from.

Ooh, I just thought of a new version of an old joke:

Q: What do you when a Fourth Edition player knocks on your front door?
A: Pay him for your pizza!

(Ha, ha! Because they're young and don't have grown-up jobs yet! Funny, huh?)

I ain't worried. Any overly-sensitive 4E players show up with torches and pitchforks, I will dispel them with the tradtional incantation "Get off my lawn, kid!"

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your wench.

Dice4Hire

First Post
I agree that reading most 4E books is not something I do for fun, and indeed, I have bought none of the books that might be readable. I like the crunch layout of 4E books, as it is much easier to read than other gaming books, even if there is a lot of perceived wasted space.

Jack99

Adventurer
Ooh, I just thought of a new version of an old joke:

Q: What do you when a Fourth Edition player knocks on your front door?
A: Pay him for your pizza!

(Ha, ha! Because they're young and don't have grown-up jobs yet! Funny, huh?)

I ain't worried. Any overly-sensitive 4E players show up with torches and pitchforks, I will dispel them with the tradtional incantation "Get off my lawn, kid!"

I'll be here all week. Don't forget to tip your wench.

Just how old are you? Because unless you are 50+, you might have a hard time pulling off calling the 4e players I know for kids. They are all 35+

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads