• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New DDM set spoilers!

Mark

CreativeMountainGames.com
Not a lot there that impresses me. The outrider might be nice to have in numbers. Dragons are usually nice but I'll have to see them in person. Cyclops skeleton intrigues me.

Lancelot

Adventurer
Brutal.

The current minis set (Legendary Evils?) isn't even available for release in my country yet, and the entire next set has been spoiled with good quality photos of the final production figures. Is that the earliest complete spoil ever for DDM?

For what it's worth, I think Legendary Evils is a better-looking set than the next one. However, there are still many figures I'd love to get my hands on. The leak won't change my purchasing habits, but it's going to seem like a long time before I'm able to buy some of those figures...

Favorites: the two mounted figures (uncommon medium-sized wolf rider? sweet!), the new marilith, the slaadi, new bullwugs, the fiery angel. Niiice.

mykelsss

First Post
FINALLY ANOTHER DINOSA- I MEAN BEHEMOTH.

bullywugs!
gray dragon!
vine thing!
cool skeletons & undead!

It is mostly stuff nobodycaresabout but some of them have some nice niche uses.

But with both behemoths, a fiendish tyrannosaur, and a bunch of drakes . . . maybe I can finally populate that Isle of Dread idea I've had for so long :lol:

EDIT: And norkers! That's sure been a long time coming.

Last edited:

Gothmog

First Post
Very nice set. I'll definitely buy a case of them. On the whole, the sculpts are getting better with each set, although the paint jobs have always sucked. Thats ok though, I just repaint what I want.

I really like the spectre, savage minotaur, salamander archer, zombie hulk, nightwalker (look, its not glittery!), legion devil, greenvine, goblin wolf rider, the githyanki, death giant, bullywugs!!!!, and the two dragons look amazing. The human outrider isn't bad, but I already have a ton of mounted metal minis, so this one isn't as useful to me, but I can see how a lot of people would like it.

The marilith is pretty bad though (as all of the DDM mariliths have been)- this one looks like Cyndi Lauper from the early 80s. :p They would do a lot better if they didn't try to make the marilith look hawt, but more like a monster (maybe the medusa from Clash of the Titans with more arms?).

Gothmog

First Post
How do you repaint plastic minis? doesn't the paint fall off? do you use some sort of primer? what paints do you use?

I've never had the paint fall or flake off any of the plastic mini repaints I've done. I do give them a light coat of black primer, and I use Vallejo or Privateer paints on them, then seal them with two thin coats of spray sealant. I've got repaints I've been using to game with for five years, and not a nick is on them.

Glyfair

Explorer
How do you repaint plastic minis? doesn't the paint fall off? do you use some sort of primer? what paints do you use?
The biggest trick with repaints tends to be getting the paint off. Plastics react differently to the various things to remove paint, and even a single line will change the type of plastic used over time.

Mage Knight had a one time experimental release of the second base set (Unlimited) called the "Painter's Edition." It was the same as the normal base set boosters, but the miniatures were unpainted and not attached to the base. It was amazing how good the figures looked under that clumpy paint (which had improved quite a bit from the first release, but still wasn't as good as the last few sets).

avin

First Post
They would do a lot better if they didn't try to make the marilith look hawt, but more like a monster (maybe the medusa from Clash of the Titans with more arms?).

The last Marilith had a horrible face, I like this better and I like them hot ;)

Remove ads