New Doctor to be announced Sunday

Herschel

Adventurer
What would almost be hilarious is with all of this build up Matt's Doctor actually regenerates in the 50th. Especially where he essentially "merges" with Tennant's (now no longer single-hearted) Doctor once again at the helm (no chance of that really). There's a twist for ya. MOFFFFFFAAAAAAAAAAAAT! :lol:

Herschel

Adventurer
Who could argue with this fashion sense?
200px-Sixth_Doctor.jpg

sabrinathecat

Explorer
Well, as Colin Baker observed, better to be the camel in the tent, pissing out... He wanted a costume more like Eccelston's. One of the DVD extras has someone CGI splicing an different costume on Baker (I think it was Twin Dilemma), and Baker's enthusiastic reaction.

Besides, everyone knows the Doctor wears Tom Baker Underoos.

Aeolius

Adventurer
If you consider Colin Baker to be a Landsknecht it almost makes sense:

"What made the Landsknechte so conspicuous was their elaborate dress, which they adopted from the Swiss, but later took to even more dramatic excess. Maximilian I exempted them from the prevalent sumptuary laws as an acknowledgement of their "...short and brutish" lives. Doublets (German: Wams), deliberately slashed at the front, back and sleeves with shirts and other wear pulled through to form puffs of different-colored fabric, so-called puffed and slashed; parti-colored hose (or Gesses); jerkins (German: Lederwams); ever-broader flat beret-type hats (German: Tellerbarrets) with tall feathers; and broad flat shoes, made them bodies of men that could not be mistaken."

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
5 minutes to go. My bet is on Daniel Rigby (the bloke from the BT ads). What do I get if I'm right?

Remove ads