• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Game - Characters

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Right now the plan is to have it at Grimhelm's house. He or I will email you directions. You don't have to bring anything other than yourself!

As for time, 1 o'clock?

BobProbst

First Post
I'm on the fence about coming - the every 2 week schedule will mean that I won't be available again for over a month (gencon is 4 weeks away!)

BTW -- APewty a number of us are going to GenCon. Any plan to go yourself?

Grimhelm

First Post
Okay. The first game will be at my house. Start time will be 1pm. We will go until people start to trickle out the door or until the adventure provides a good stopping point.

As for showing up every two weeks...

I now count 8 people if Bob comes. Therefore, it is not entirely important at this point for constant attendance. There will be a core group who shows up regularly. Everyone else is welcome to come when they can. The thing we desired most was a core group that came consistently. Also, this will probably mean that the group size will rarely be 8. I expect 5-6 people regularly.

Honestly, I am sensing a lot of excitment about this new start. IM and I are really into it and I sense that others are too. This is part of what can make up for not coming... pure enthusiasm, talk on the boards, captivated players. I hope this happens.

Cheers!

APewty

First Post
BobProbst,

Things at work changed enough that I was recently considering going but the registration has ended. A good friend of mine thinks he can get some badges for me, so I will see about going. My wife wants to go with me if I go (I think).

Also, did you graduate from Columbus East, and if you did was it in the 80's?

As for the game information, thanks for what you sent. I am looking forward to the e-mail directions. Two more questions: How early can I get there to get set up (me being totally unfamiliar with anyone or your gaming place, rules, etc.)? Sort of an orientation. Secondly, when you say don't bring anything, surely you mean don't bring source books, dice, or paper! I would be happy to bring some snacks for everyone or something of the like. Not trying to scare you, but do you have any rules regarding smoking, drinking? I do not smoke, and I drink rarely but game time would be considered by me to be a relaxation period. The big man himself, G. Gygax, was known to imbibe while gaming. I thought about just taking a wait and see attitude but maybe it's best just to get it out in the open and see what the master of the house (Grimhelm) has for house rules.

Thanks again in advance!

Last edited:

thormagni

Explorer
Heya folks,

Please count me out on Saturday. I just spoke to my Dad and he is hoping to get out of the hospital tomorrow (Friday) and I will be heading down to New Albany to help him out.

InzeladunMaster

First Post
Two more questions: How early can I get there to get set up (me being totally unfamiliar with anyone or your gaming place, rules, etc.)? Sort of an orientation.

When it is at my house, people can show up early if they want, usually an hour or so. Grimhelm will have to answer this for his house.

Secondly, when you say don't bring anything, surely you mean don't bring source books, dice, or paper!

Well, SOME players don't bring anything, but, of course, please bring anything you need to or just want to. Nothing is required, though.

I would be happy to bring some snacks for everyone or something of the like. Not trying to scare you, but do you have any rules regarding smoking, drinking? I do not smoke, and I drink rarely but game time would be considered by me to be a relaxation period. The big man himself, G. Gygax, was known to imbibe while gaming.

Generally, I drink wine, but most of the others enjoy some beer when they game. At least a couple of our players even brew their own. Smoking is done during breaks outside of the house. I don't smoke either, but some of our players do. If you would like to bring snacks, you may, but it is not required. Some do, some don't.

Grimhelm

First Post
APewty, I tried to email you a private message regarding direcitons. I have no other way of getting ahold of you. Do you have another email? Look at your private messages if you know how... I am not sure I know how! Anyway, when I say 1pm, I mean 1pm, except for certain people I have known for years who are welcome at my house at any hour. ;)

Fyrestryke

Explorer
Apewty, I'm not sure we can "email" through ENWorld without a community supporter account. I might be wrong on that.

If you haven't received anything, email me

lordfyrestryke at cyber-wizard.com

I'll get everyone hooked up. This is a just in case post. See everyone tomorrow! =)

chachi

First Post
I'm not going to make it tomrrow. I'm working until 4:30, and leaves doesn't leave much time for gaming. Fare thee well, and I'll try to jump in when I can.

Remove ads