• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Game of Death: Battle Royale of the GAWDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Johno

First Post
I just knew this was going to happen the minute I saw that Reapersaurus was in the game.

Reapersaurus, you kicked up a huge stink last time you were in a Game of Death, with Dr Midnight as the DM.

When I read about your stupid smackdowns, and the way you wrangled in OA stuff...wtf???? That is SO out of line with the guidelines... A psionic Lich is in NO WAY comparable to the stupid stacking attempts you tried. The long list of complaints about Clockworkjoe making sensible rulings about obvious powergaming attempts...Sheesh dude, have some faith in the DM...after all, HE is rolling ALL the Dice.

I really don't think you got a clue. ITS THE DM's JOB TO MODIFY THE RULES TO SUIT HIS GAME. If some whacked out game designer misses the obvious and writes a game effect that lets Arms of Nyr stack with Bull's Strength or, Animal Affinity and Bull's Strength, or Cloak of Charisma and Armour of Command, THEN I AM VERY GLAD THAT THE DM NOTICES SUCH TRITE BULL AND NERFS IT!!!!

Clockworkjoe, you have my every confidence.

clockworkjoe

First Post
1. I am allowing him his +49 to damage since my previous ruling is on shaky ground.

2. I only disallowed the madness domain to LAWFUL GOOD characters.

3. I only disallowed paladin/clerics if he used anything from OA since OA does not allow paladins or clerics.

4. I don't think his fighting style is stupid. I think anyone who fights with two shields is stupid. It doesn't make sense thematically. I can not picture a warrior honestly thinking that running around with two shields is a good idea.

5. I find it really really funny that reaper is the almighty rules lawyer god when it comes to rules that don't favor him like the +damage issue but is curiously ignorant of facts like that fly and true seeing can not be made presisent. I didn't even catch that as I was too preoccupied with some other things.

Twinswords

First Post
Clockwork joe do you count divine might as an enchanment bonus? Or do you count it as an unnamed (possibly divine) bonus? And which colour kobold is what?

Twinswords

clockworkjoe

First Post
Twinswords said:
Clockwork joe do you count divine might as an enchanment bonus? Or do you count it as an unnamed (possibly divine) bonus? And which colour kobold is what?

Twinswords

unnamed so it stacks with everything.

Look at the file name. hunter.gif = ioun stone hunter

invis.gif = invis purge

snail.gif =haste purge

Number47

First Post
I have a question about the stone cliff. Are those squares supposed to be flat ground 200 feet above the surrounding squares, or do the squares themselves represent the slope of the cliff?

I kinda wonder of Icitrik is stuck, like a kitten in a tree. I doubt it, actually.

When are the purging kobolds going to act? They've delayed their initiatives almost the entire round now!

Last edited:

Victim

First Post
He's just staying up there because it's a pain to reach him. He's on a team, so even if he had no way to getting down safely himself, Tobias or Saepiroth could help him out. Assuming they don't get killed first.

I assumed that they were flat, but 200 ft up.

clockworkjoe

First Post
Number47 said:
I have a question about the stone cliff. Are those squares supposed to be flat ground 200 feet above the surrounding squares, or do the squares themselves represent the slope of the cliff?

I kinda wonder of Icitrik is stuck, like a kitten in a tree. I doubt it, actually.

When are the purging kobolds going to act? They've delayed their initiatives almost the entire round now!

The cliff is a great big rectangle, 200 ft high. The cliff walls are parallel to the ground.

Anyone at the top of the cliff can jump down into the water for no damage (50 foot deep water at the bottom and my house rules)

They only appeared at the beginning of this round, and they will act when they figure out what to do. Unlike the hunters, the purge kobolds have no goals other than survival.

Victim

First Post
Yes, but I wonder how many characters have Swim? No sense jumping into the water to prevent falling damage only to drown.

Bhaal

First Post
reapersaurus said:
I'm sorry I tried to make a powerful character to bring into the Game so I could win - I thought that's what the point was.
sig8.jpg

I don't know about you guys, but I'm here to have a good fight and have fun (and maybe win if I'm lucky), not play "who can find the most broken combo loophole". Sure we're all pretty powerful and minmaxed, but there's making a powerful/minmaxed character, and then there's bickering, arguing and whining with the DM to make an insanely/stupidly powerful character. You complain about people going invis and trying to instant-kill everybody and that being boring. What's more boring than a one-trick smackdown pony? At the least they are using strategy and tactics on the battlefield, not just relying on some insanely broken exception in the rules to win the game for them as they go bonking people on the head with shields.

Clockwork's doing a superb job handling all the logistics of running this as well as keeping it cool when people start throwing around allegations of him being in cahoots with other PCs and generally trying to turn this into a soap opera.

Last edited:

DispelAkimbo

Explorer
Bhaal said:

I don't know about you guys, but I'm here to have a good fight and have fun (and maybe win if I'm lucky), not play "who can find the most broken combo loophole". Sure we're all pretty powerful and minmaxed, but there's making a powerful/minmaxed character, and then there's bickering, arguing and whining with the DM to make an insanely/stupidly powerful character. You complain about people going invis and trying to instant-kill everybody and that being boring. What's more boring than a one-trick smackdown pony? At the least they are using strategy and tactics on the battlefield, not just relying on some insanely broken exception in the rules to win the game for them as they go bonking people on the head with shields.

I'm not actually in the game, but as a spectator this ^ is exactly what i'd like to see.

Sure, those smackdowns are fun to read about in the right thread, but this is not the time or place. This thread to me seems to be about having a good fight and some fun.

I only hope that no-one resorts to unfair play and then uses the old excuse of 'my char is evil so its what they would do'.

P.S. I thought the rules clearly stated no OA stuff? I dont have that book and cant check up on things clearly.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Remove ads