• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New gamer in Seattle - where to go?

morgue

Explorer
Hey guys,

I'm down in New Zealand, but have recently enjoyed an extended visit by a friend from Seattle. On this visit I gave him the D&D bug, and he's now headed homeward and keen to play some more.

Can anyone recommend a good game store in the Seattle area for him to drop into, where a helpful counterguy/gal could link him in with some gamers? Or any other route to hook him up? Seattle being the home of Wizards, I assume there's something going on there he can link into...

(I've already sent him the link to the Seattle D&D meetup group, too - I'm looking for extra options.)

painandgreed

First Post
The Dreaming in the U District is one of my favorites. Gary's Games has a great selection plus a large used games section. Both have boards for putting up Looking For Players ads or finding them. There are tons of other game stores in the area.

DragonTurtle

First Post
Gamers seeking gamers on this board have people interested in gaming in Seattle, in fact I am one of those. Just a few miles south of Seattle myself in Auburn, looking to start a new group.

Jourdsh.at.hotmail.com if you would like to give him my contact info.

ethandrew

First Post
DragonTurtle said:
Gamers seeking gamers on this board have people interested in gaming in Seattle, in fact I am one of those. Just a few miles south of Seattle myself in Auburn, looking to start a new group.

Jourdsh.at.hotmail.com if you would like to give him my contact info.

What in particular are you looking at running? Also what days are you looking at and how often?

DragonTurtle

First Post
ethandrew said:
What in particular are you looking at running? Also what days are you looking at and how often?

Well I started Expedition to Castle Ravenloft as filler, as the group builds up, however the main thing I want to run is Savage Tide Adventure Path. Right now I can only game on Sundays, and optimally 1 a week, however every other week is not out of the question.

ethandrew

First Post
DragonTurtle said:
Well I started Expedition to Castle Ravenloft as filler, as the group builds up, however the main thing I want to run is Savage Tide Adventure Path. Right now I can only game on Sundays, and optimally 1 a week, however every other week is not out of the question.

What are the basic demographics of the group? Ages, experience, style of play, etc. I'm in an every other week game right now and it's not feeding my fix enough. How many players do you have? How many do you want? It could be for myself and my brother (24 & 27), or just myself.

Xyanthon

First Post
I'll second the Dreaming in the U District. I really miss that place. I used to frequent Game Spot in Woodinville (there is one in Smokey Point as well). They were decent but I went there mostly because I lived in Bothell so they were less than 10 minutes away. There are several others around but I think the Dreaming was perhaps the best. I think there was a Whizkids store in Redmond that had a great selection of just about any gaming items that you can imagine but I only went there three or four times as it was not convienient for me to get to.

DragonTurtle

First Post
ethandrew said:
What are the basic demographics of the group? Ages, experience, style of play, etc. I'm in an every other week game right now and it's not feeding my fix enough. How many players do you have? How many do you want? It could be for myself and my brother (24 & 27), or just myself.

Ethandrew, why don't you email me at Jourdsh at hotmail dot com, I can discuss further with you, without hijacking the thread too much, but to answer one of your questions, both you and your brother would be welcome.

Last edited:

Remove ads