• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Hiding Feat

Maximillian

First Post
Here's the idea, but it's late and I'm out of sorts... I'm putting it out there. What do you figure the prereq's should be? Maybe a feat with several prereqs, or maybe just a rogue special level 10+ ability?

Feat: Shadowy Profile

When you are actively hiding, and are spotted, you are still not completely visible to your enemies.

Benefit: When an opponent spots you (by rolling a Spot or Wisdom check higher than your Hide roll), you still have one half concealment, causing opponents to have a 20% miss chance to any attack rolls against you.

hong

WotC's bitch
One feat lets you emulate the blur spell? That's pretty good.

Also, there's no time limit on how long the benefit lasts, and how far away the other guy has to be. It seems weird that someone 5' away would still suffer from a 20% miss chance an hour after spotting you.

Crothian

First Post
Hong has some good points, I'd reduce the level of concealment the closer they are to you, but at like 100ft or so give you 50% concealment. Perhaps allow a move of up to 10 feet a round and still keep the concealment.

I like the idea. I'd make a it a feat with prerequites like skill focus Hide, 12 ranks Hide, Dex 17+

Maximillian

First Post
I admit it's powerful. That's why I'm so worried about the prereqs. I think making it a rogue class ability (from the 10th level and higher abilities) would be closer to accurate, but the more I look at it, the less well it sits with me. Ah well.

Stalker0

Legend
I'd say just require that if the person does any other action except maintaining the hide the effect is broken. Then its only blur as long as the guy wants to sit there.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads