• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New ideas in the works

BlackJaw

First Post
I've gotten close to the point in my home game (well I run two now, but regardless) where I will be needing some flying ship rules.

So I went back and looked at our rule-set, then imagined trying to teach it to my players (many of whom simply rely on me to make sure the rules are being followed... like the guy that always wants to ready an action, even after taking a full attack action and 5' step) and I started to realize that we could make the rule set better, simplier, IE: closer to the standard D&D rules.

Then I noticed I used the word "we." There isn't a we. There isn't even an I. The cosmonomicon webpage isn't posted on enworld (its host) because it wasn't updated nearly a year ago with the server change (My fault). no one has posted in these forums for months. I check every once in a while but not even I work on things like I should. No one really wants to do some of the remaining chapters, and most of the current rules need tweaking for use in 3.5 D&D...

So I've decided I will forsake what little social life I have (ha) and begin work on a smaller simplier cosmonomicon. rules a little closer to D&D rules (like double move action = moving twice your speed, and size types that are the same as monsters instead of a normal size to vehicle size conversions, etc) and without the sections no one wanted or felt able to write... like camaign guides, DM advice, a half dozen PrCs, etc. I even intend to make a simplier vehicle design system that will need less work to be done or build.

I don't know how many of you still check these pages (I've watched them for a while but never had anything to post, so I bet some of you are out there right now checking in but having nothing new to post) and I'm interested to hear what you think on this concept, but I am esentialy intending to go this alone, at least for now.

Basicaly I intend to change a lot of what we did. I say we here because most of the changes I want to make now are to things I did. I came up with the "two move actions for a vehilce = more manuvering not more speed" rule that I am now tossing out, but some of the things I'm changing are how I once proposed them but was over ruled (vehicle sizes seperate from monster sizes).

Anyway, I'll be posting as I work on it, and I encourage all of you to come by and yell at me a lot.

Oh and for the record: I'm not starting over. Most of what we did before is great work, and will be kept intact (especialy the manuvering, stunts, etc) I'm just making a few things better and removing a lot of dead weight topics from the project...

Remove ads