• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

[New/Improved Poll with Multiple Choice]Which D&D author/designer do you like best?

Which D&D author/designer do you like best?

• Gary Gygax

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Dave Arneson

Votes: 2 2.8%
  • Sean Reynolds

Votes: 23 31.9%
  • Skip Williams

Votes: 11 15.3%
  • Monte Cook

Votes: 43 59.7%
  • Bruce Cordell

Votes: 22 30.6%
  • Jeff Grubb

Votes: 13 18.1%
  • James Wyatt

Votes: 9 12.5%
  • David Noonan

Votes: 3 4.2%
  • Ed Greenwood

Votes: 14 19.4%
  • Andy Collins

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • David Zeb Cook

• Chris Pramas

Votes: 16 22.2%
  • Tracy and Laura Hickman

Votes: 8 11.1%
  • Kevin Kulp

Votes: 17 23.6%
  • Clark Peterson/Bill Webb

• Douglas Niles

Votes: 5 6.9%
  • Frank Mentzer

Votes: 4 5.6%
  • Tom Moldvay

Votes: 6 8.3%
  • Carl Sargent

Votes: 7 9.7%
  • Roger Moore

• Jonathon Tweet

Votes: 21 29.2%

johnsemlak

First Post
I know, I did nearly the same thing last week.

But due to the sheer amount of requests to have a multiple choice poll (I think it was three), I've redone the poll. I've added a handful of name's that people requested, but not all. It will be interesting to see how this poll compares with the single choice poll

BTW, I corrected the Margaret Weis and Tracy Hickman combo to Laura and Tracy Hickman, who paired to write a few classic modules: Rahasia, Pharoah, Ravenloft, etc. Thanks Davelozzi for pointing that out.

I would like to include more names from 3rd party d20 publishers, but hey, it's just not possible to include everyone.

Last edited:

Sixchan

First Post
I've got a lot more of the first edition Gygax stuff than anything else, so I'll go for him.

Last edited:

johnsemlak

First Post
Darke said:
Where is Wil Upchurch? Kevin Wilson? Greg Benage? Mike Mearls? Sam Witt? and .. and... and..

das Darke

You are free to make your own poll :)

Hey, you just can't include everybody. There's probably too many names in this poll as it is.

I created the poll by scanning a list of Wotc products over the last 5 years or so and adding some names that stick out in my mind. Of course, I'm not an industry expert, so the poll shoudln't be taken too seriously.

I personally don't know much about the names you mentioned, which is probably my ignorance. Can you say why you think they should be included?

Last edited:

Piratecat

Sesquipedalian
Write-in vote: Mearls! Mike Mearls single-handedly has more d20 products in print than any other designer. The man's great.

Remove ads