• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Information from the UK

essenbee

First Post
hero4hire said:
Yeah lets have all the classes start with War..

Warlord
Warlock
Warrior

of course for a race you would have to play a Warforged.
Well if they change Magic-Users to Wizards, I'm not buying!

Mondbuchstaben

First Post
eiglos said:
The Gazetteer wasn't produced by WotC, rather by Lotus Noir, which I believe is a French collectable card game magazine. It was Gazetteer number 22 so it's obviously a regular publication.
Which still leaves the question of why a
  • French
  • Collectable Card Game
magazine publishes this
  • D&D 4
  • Role Playing Game
preview in English...

I mean, it is not all that surprising. I remember that back in the nineties I learned of new US releases through the pages of Casus Belli. French gaming journalists obviously have pretty good connections.

Cirex

First Post
Mourn said:
I always find these comments amusing, like when Transformers was being released last year. I recall people saying that there's no way Michael Bay could really examine the depth of the series... to which my mind boggled, since Transformers was created to sell toys (just like He-Man was) as it's primary purpose, and character introductions were usually "RAWR! I AM NEW TOY PRODUCT NAMED <PRODUCT PLACEMENT NAME HERE> ON SHELVES WITHIN WEEKS! ROBOT FIGHT TIME!" with the occasional awesome line from Peter Cullen.

Honestly, He-Man and Transformers are about as deep as Bratz, and serve the exact same purpose.

/Random information/ The original He-Man merchandising was toys and stuff for Conan the Barbarian movie. Mattel (I think it was Mattel) was kinda horrified at the violence from the movie, so linking children toys to such a violent movie (...) was not the best way to get some sells going, so they turned Conan blonde and created He-Man.

About old shows, the mindset of people change with time, so what we considered "great" and "deep" back then, now may seem stupid for children of today.

Stormtalon

First Post
Hmmm, about the Dragonborn breath weapon....

If I had to guess, I'd hazard that the type of damage is chosen on character creation, and isn't something that's chosen each time it's used. Along with that, it may be that certain types of breath weapon attacks are associated more strongly with different stats. For example, Acid breath attacks would be Str-based, while lightning might be Dex-based.

This is all, of course, wild-eyed and crazy-haired speculation, so take it with a grain of salt the size of the Titanic.... :)

Verys Arkon

First Post
Warlord Favor

I noticed the 1st level Warlord Encounter power Warlord Favor, significant because as far as I know we haven't seen anything about level one powers except the two Dailies White Raven Onslaught and Pin the Foe (from the Design and Development article).

How is this for a guess?

Warlord Favor Warlord Attack 1
Your attack leaves the target opponent off guard, granting another ally an attack bonus against him.
Encounter {} Martial, Weapon
Standard Action Melee Weapon
Target: One creature
Attack: Strength vs AC
Hit: 2[W] + Strength modifier, and one adjacent ally has combat advantage against the target of the attack until the end of his next turn.

Charwoman Gene

Adventurer
Mourn said:
I always find these comments amusing, like when Transformers was being released last year. I recall people saying that there's no way Michael Bay could really examine the depth of the series...

Transformers is a VERY in depth canon. It's depth greatly varies from incarnation to incarnation. I actually think as far as "depth" goes the Movie Canon, while different, is fine.

Doesn't stop that movie from being Jar-Jar Binks level bad though.

Remove ads