• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Information from the UK

Dragonblade

Adventurer
ainatan said:
I agree, but the 80's he-man was cooler ;)

Really? I actually liked the newer 200X He-Man series better. It seemed like it had the makings of a really awesome fantasy setting and the storylines and characters seemed more interesting than the original series. And the animation was way better than the 1980's Filmation cut-n-paste method. Seriously, they replayed the same He-man transformation like a million times an episode to save money.

Though the original series did have some interesting and very adult backstory elements that you rarely saw.

Like Zoar (spelling?) secretly being Teela's mother even though Man-At-Arms thinks she died years ago. A deception that was necessary for her to take stewardship of Greyskull and its power. Her longing to tell her daughter and lover the truth, but never being able to. And Adam's mother, the Queen of Eternia actually being an astronaut from Earth who came to Eternia years ago after her ship went through a wormhole.

DandD

First Post
The He-Man 2002 iteration is a fantastic techno-barbarian setting, where technology and sorcery mesh. And the Masters of the Universe are all epic heroes, fighting epic villains.

Too bad it was cancelled after the 2nd season. I surely would have liked to see Hordak, and She-Ra, the Princess of Power. :D

By the Power of Love...

Cmarco

First Post
Remathilis said:
How can you forget Warinja?

A warinja? That's almost as awesome as Chuck Norris (it's his birthday today, by the way).

I can just see it now... the only thing that can get the drop on a ninja is a warinja... :p

DandD

First Post
Lord Tirian said:
@DandD: Totally unrelated question - but what does your avatar depict?
I guess it's a Lineage 2 dark elven babe with white skin... I have no idea why she's got white skin, actually. :p

WhatGravitas

Explorer
DandD said:
I guess it's a Lineage 2 dark elven babe with white skin... I have no idea why she's got white skin, actually. :p
Peh, I've hoped for something more miniature-related - I'm on a painting roll shopping spree.

But thanks for replying!

Cheers, LT.

DandD

First Post
Well, it is a figurine.

Wait, just found the picture.

Here she is, for your leisure. :D

l2_dark_elf.jpg

NexusX

First Post
I guess it was only a matter of time before my rpg spinoff of D&D, D&D Reloaded (DDR 2.0) was mentioned by someone, referring to the original game instead or mine. Oh well. Anyway, it was fun seeing the promo! Seems like lately every time I turn around, someone's come across a new bit of news about 4E. Cool.

Last edited:

Remove ads