New Jobs

Rystil Arden

First Post
Bront said:
I think having a lower start and a bigger increase might be a good way to handle this. It should be even or lower at the lower levels, and go up from there.

Say, 10 silvers + 4 silvers per bonus? It's even at a +10 bonus, and then goes to the Performer's favor.
+10...With MW instrument and max ranks, that's doable at level 1. It's more likely to happen at level 2 or 3 though. That's still really low.

Bront

The man with the probe
Rystil Arden said:
+10...With MW instrument and max ranks, that's doable at level 1. It's more likely to happen at level 2 or 3 though. That's still really low.
That's a stretch at 1st level though. That's also where it starts getting better than normal on the chart too, so we're being a bit more stringent with that.

orsal

LEW Judge
Bront said:
but goes as low as .0385 gold per point at the low end (not an option when taking a 10 barring a negitve Cha),

Since the SRD table for Perform scales by leaps at every 5 points of Perform check, the DC 10 line applies to anyone who can make a 14 -- you need 15 to get to the next line. With 4 ranks and average Charisma that's possible. However, most characters who take max ranks in Perform at 1st level are also going to have above average Charisma.

I'd suggest either
* adapt the SRD table to a nonrandom mechanic (for the sake of fidelity) or
* forget the SRD and use the same formula we use for every other job skill, i.e. 25 SP plus 2.5 SP per rank in the relevant skill (for the sake of simplicity)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
It's not random, it gets better at higher levels, but not much better.
Er, higher levels meaning higher than L15? And that's just the break-even point... (I know it's Bonus, not just ranks, but I'm factoring that in already.) I think that's... not the effect you wish to achieve...right?

Solange

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Er, higher levels meaning higher than L15? And that's just the break-even point... (I know it's Bonus, not just ranks, but I'm factoring that in already.) I think that's... not the effect you wish to achieve...right?
It was either that or 5 and 4 per, and that hits slightly sooner, but scales a bit harder on the top end. 20/3 would be ok with me too though.

orsal

LEW Judge
I vote Yes to the Profession proposal.

I vote No to the Perform proposal. If we're going to make it that close to the formula for other money-making skills, I'd rather just use the same formula. It's much less confusing that way.

Bront

The man with the probe
orsal said:
I vote No to the Perform proposal. If we're going to make it that close to the formula for other money-making skills, I'd rather just use the same formula. It's much less confusing that way.
Are you talking the one written? Or the changes we've been batting around? I think the OP already said she'd change it.

Remove ads