• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Kolchak: The Night Stalker show....

tecnowraith

First Post
Well It looks ABC have started show trailers for Night stalker, the remake of Kolchak - The Night Stalker from the 70's. This time around it's more dramtic than campy of the orginal. Struart Townsen star as Carl Kolchak, Darren McGavin was the orginal Kolchak.

If there is thread already than Im sorry the repeat.

Rl'Halsinor

Explorer
I loved the original and the play between Darrin McGavin and Simon Oakland's characters was great. I'll give it a shot if and when it comes on.

trancejeremy

Adventurer
It seems more X-files-ish than like the original Night Stalker. (In part apparently because it's done by some guys who used to work on the X-files. And Millenium)

Also, the 2 stars look more like models than real people. But I suppose that couldn't be helped. (I personally think Ed O' Neil would have made a good Kolchak). And at least they didn't turn Kolchak into a 15 year girl, like what happened to a character on a remake of another old favorite show of mine.

Sept 29 is when it begins.

tecnowraith said:
Well It looks ABC have started show trailers for Night stalker, the remake of Kolchak - The Night Stalker from the 70's. This time around it's more dramtic than campy of the orginal. Struart Townsen star as Carl Kolchak, Darren McGavin was the orginal Kolchak.
Started to? I've seen previews for it for months, and I hardly ever watch TV. Where ya' been, boy? :D

This'll be one of a few new shows that I'll try and catch, at least until I determine that they're no good. Along with Threshold, Surface and Supernatural. I'll probably also watch Reunion and Commander-in-Chief, but that's more because my wife wants to than that I do.

Looks like a good season for folks who have been looking for a show to try and take the X-files mantle and run with it. Hopefully some of these will stick around a few seasons.

KaosDevice

Explorer
I'm with Dyal on this one. I'll give all of them a roll of the dice, but any detections of 'suckiness' will be dealt with by immediate non-watching by me. I even gave 'Point Pleasant ' a try after all. It's kind of an embarassment of riches right now for genre fans. We can even affoard to be choosy about our viewing. How sweet is that? ;)

Gomez

First Post
There are things in the dark, things adults deny but children are right to fear…

When a pregnant woman is snatched from her home, the shocked citizens of L.A. believe it's an act of domestic violence. But crime reporter Carl Kolchak suspects that the truth is far more complicated. That's because 18 months ago, Kolchak's wife was killed in a bizarre fashion and he has been the FBI's #1 suspect ever since.

Kolchak's determination to find out the truth behind his wife's mysterious murder has led him to investigate other crimes that seem to have some kind of supernatural component. But he's trying to piece together a puzzle that keeps changing its shape. Who or what is committing these crimes? How are they all related? And why do some victims end up with a strange red mark on their hands in the shape of a snake? With sidekick Perri Reed, a sexy if skeptical fellow reporter in tow, Kolchak will go to any lengths to answer these questions. But when he does discover the truth – will anyone believe him?

Sounds like the only thing that they took from the orginal "Nightstalker" the name of the main character. Oh well. :\ A man looking for the truth with a sexy skeptical female sidekick. It sounds like the X-files with reporters instead of FBI agents.

I will give it a try but there was so much potential there that has been lost I fear.

Mad Hatter

First Post
Man, I wish this fervor for the supernatural could have saved Miracles with Skeet Ulrich. ANd I just got the mental of Ed O'Neill as Kolchak. Thanks ever so much for I shall cherish it. :D

Mad Hatter said:
Man, I wish this fervor for the supernatural could have saved Miracles with Skeet Ulrich.
No kidding! I loved Miracles. I've got it on my Netflix queue even, to rewatch the entire run of the poor series.

I think that was a case of the show being completely sabotaged by the Network--some of it inadvertent (cutting into the show for Iraq news flashes) but some of it wasn't (cutting into the show for a re-broadcast of that stupid Michael Jackson documentary.)

Remove ads