• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Line's Robert Shaye Blacklists Peter Jackson

Darth Shoju

First Post
Ranger REG said:
You forget Pan's Labyrinth (directed by Guillermo Del Toro).

I won't be surprised if Mr. Shaye would push for Guillermo Del Toro to direct The Hobbit to avoid license expiration.

If I wasn't such a Peter Jackson fanboy after the LOTR movies I'd be pretty jazzed about the idea of Del Toro directing the Hobbit. I think he'd do a decent job.

Also, I wish the legal process didn't take so long; I want to see the details of this case come out. I suspect New Line is just delaying the inevitable though.

Ranger REG

Explorer
Darth Shoju said:
If I wasn't such a Peter Jackson fanboy after the LOTR movies I'd be pretty jazzed about the idea of Del Toro directing the Hobbit. I think he'd do a decent job.
Maybe, but I'm not giving Mr. Shaye any incentive to continue developing the Hobbit film without PJ.

horacethegrey

First Post
Ranger REG said:
Maybe, but I'm not giving Mr. Shaye any incentive to continue developing the Hobbit film without PJ.
Question, when does New Line's rights to The Hobbit expire? Because a Tolkien movie fan and PJ supporter such as myself looks forward to that day with anticipation. :)

Remove ads