• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

new magic item question

Rpjunkie

First Post
I am creating an amulet that has a couple of significant powers..

1. allows lycanthopes to have thier abilities while in normal form..
like strength bonus etc...

2 allows them to control the change all the time..

Any idea what spells, caster level, prerequisites, etc. would be needed for this?

Also I have a potion that allows the contaminated person to drink it and become a lycanthrope without alignment change.

All of the items are from the curch of Selune in Forgotten realms..

Help is appreciated..

RPJ

Crothian

First Post
Allowing the bonus in normal form doesn't make sense. The bonuses come from the change.

Allowing them to control the change is simple. There is the skill Control Shape. All you would need to do is construct an item that gives a bonus to this skill.

kreynolds

First Post
Crothian said:
Allowing the bonus in normal form doesn't make sense. The bonuses come from the change.

You could always just slap the same bonuses on the magic item and not let them stack. Just some food for thought...

Last edited:

Rpjunkie

First Post
I guess i could do as kreynods says, but that would make it an epic item.. Werebears get +12 to strength. I like that idea but it owuld make it a very expensive item.... although it would already be one I guess. I just dont have the epic level handbook so I dont know costs...

RPJ

Crothian

First Post
Rpjunkie said:
I guess i could do as kreynods says, but that would make it an epic item.. Werebears get +12 to strength. I like that idea but it owuld make it a very expensive item.... although it would already be one I guess. I just dont have the epic level handbook so I dont know costs...

RPJ

If you are going to follow the guidelines for making magical items, it's going to be epic no matter how you cut it. Anything that gives an attribute bonus of over +6 is Epic. You can reduce the cost by making it work for only that type of Lycantropes.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads