• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New May WotC cover art

Nice. I'm wondering how much will be default FR underdark though. And if they can ever save drow from being a rediculous cartoon bad guy. Creatures with that long a gestation/maturation time cant really afford to be as retardedly self destructive as drow are. Unless they pop out 5-10 of em at a time.

Last edited:

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Nightfall said:
Jdvn1,

I'm not buying it. I have a strict "No Drow" policy. Thank you Kiaranselee! :] :mad:

Mouseferatu said:
Your loss.

I have a similar bias, but I'm unsure whether it applies. My first exposure to the Drow came about via Fiend Folio and the G1-3 then D1-3. But it seems that after that the Drow have been tied closely to Forgotten Realms. Too closely for my tastes so if this is actually a FR Drow book, I have absolutely no interest (I know it's an irrational dislike, but for me it's completely valid.) if it's not however it'll be worth picking up

sjmiller

Explorer
You know, I just never saw the appeal of the drow. I still don't, to be perfectly honest. I guess they would make a limited, but usable, bad guy race. The "oh my god! greatness" of them alludes me, I am afraid.

That being the case, I highly doubt I will ever buy this book. I know I am one of a small, if not solitary, group who don't use the drow.

NiTessine

Explorer
Nightfall said:
Yes but I promise to buy everything else you have writing Ari. That's a solemn vow. I just have a distaste for Drow after all they did to my beloved Orcus. :p
But really, would Orcus be half as cool as he is if Kiaransalee hadn't offed him and thus paved the way for the brilliance that are The Great Modron March and Dead Gods?

I will buy this book. I buy every book, anyway, but I am especially looking forward to this one.

Guys, given the fact that the cover has been released, as has the official "blurb," I don't believe I'm overstepping myself when I say this is a core D&D book, not a Forgotten Realms book. While you will certainly recognize many details that are similar/identical to FR drow--since FR drow were based on core drow to begin with--you'll find differences as well.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads