• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Minis Prices

Cymex666

First Post
Is it me, or does it seem like paying $20 per booster box for the Giants of Legend expansion a bit much? I realize that one of the miniatures contained in the booster is a huge one, but at $20 a pop, my days of buying minis are over.

What do you guys think? How will the price markup affect your minis purchases?

talinthas

First Post
dude. i need lord soth. as such, i'll buy as many as i can =)
hell, my roomies and i play the skirmish game every other day or so, so its not a big deal.

Li Shenron

Legend
Does it mean that the huge one basically costs you 8$? That is a lot IMHO.

What I will be curious to see is the price on the secondary market for the huge rare, since some of the medium rares from previous expansions costed more than 20$.

DaveMage

Slumbering in Tsar
The price hike will not change my buying habits - I'll buy the same for GOL that I bought for Archfiends (about 16 packs).

My only issue will be storage space, which I am rapidly running out of for minis.

Belen

Adventurer
DaveMage said:
The price hike will not change my buying habits - I'll buy the same for GOL that I bought for Archfiends (about 16 packs).

My only issue will be storage space, which I am rapidly running out of for minis.

You too?

I will probably by up too a full case, then trade on maxminis for any others I really want. The 20 dollars means that I will buy less as a whole and I will probably never go that crazy again.

Davelozzi

Explorer
I will certainly buy a lot less a $20 a pack. $10 was a impulse buy. For $20, I'd rather buy a module and have $5 left over, or wait until I have $15 more and get a hardcover game book.

jodyjohnson

Adventurer
The second set of Dragoneye off the line was $13 (May). There is still a large supply of first run DE and Archfiends around so they won't see the increase.

The fall set Aberrations will have the $13 booster price according to Wizards last info.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads