• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Neverwinter Nights Game Probably On Its Way

GregChristopher

First Post
A few years ago, I would have cared.

But I could barely even play NWN2 for very long before I go sick of resting every ten seconds. Maybe I am getting old but this gets boring...

- Open Door
- Cast Fireball 3 times
- Rest
- Repeat

Teemu

Hero
From the Gamespot interview I understood that it's going to launch with heroic levels only. I wonder how slow the advancement's going to be. CRPGs these days tend to offer pretty rapid level ups or other rewards.

Rabbitbait

Adventurer
I'm very happy with heroic levels only and limited classes and races when the game launches - as long as they do them well.

Overloading with options just seems to me to be a recipe for everything being done half-arsed.

I think particularly with the exception based design of 4e they don't want to overload on options as there will be more chances of bugs and things going wrong.

However, if it is going to be MMO or OMG or whatever it looks as if my hopes for a turn based game are dead. :(

I remember that it was low levels only for Temple of Elemental Evil, but this made it a better game (initial bugs aside) as you could see that they had very carefully tried to make the game work very much like D&D. At the time technologically I think it would have been very difficult to impliment higher level spells and abilities.

Festivus

First Post
On Facebook:

Dungeons & Dragons Roleplaying Game Official Home Page - Home (Neverwinter)

Neverwinter Reborn
Atari has announced the development of Neverwinter for PC, a new online roleplaying game based on the beloved city of Neverwinter.

In the game, players choose to become one of five classic D&D classes and team up with friends or computer-controlled allies to form five-person co-op groups. Players also create their own storylines and quests utilizing an extremely user-friendly content generation system, tentatively codenamed Forge.

Neverwinter for PC is scheduled to release in Q4 2011. For information on 2011's must-have RPG, please visit the official website.

Neverwinter Nights Reborn
Continue the critically acclaimed adventure! The #1 best-selling Neverwinter Nights series of PC RPGs returns with an epic Dungeons & Dragons storyline, next-generation graphics, a persistent world, and accessible content creation tools.

Immersive, Imaginative
Enter a world ravaged by the Spellplague. Wrest victory from the claws of darkness and battle the greatest of civilization's enemies in and around Neverwinter, a storied and ancient city upon Faerûn's Sea of Swords.

Challenging, Complex, Classic
Epic gameplay and action rooted firmly in the best traditions of the RPG genre await those heroes courageous enough to brave the Spellplague and all that it has ravaged.

Build a Fantasy
Easy-to-grasp adventure creation tools empower users. Bring compelling quests to life and build challenging levels! Share creations with the entire world in-game. Become a part of the existing Dungeons & Dragons universe... Then build a new one.

Play Together or Die Alone
Encounter dangerous foes and perilous environments. Work with others, strategically, to overcome nightmares, demons, monsters, and beasts of legend.

World Without End
Neverwinter features co-operative multiplayer in an ever-evolving, persistent world where Dungeons & Dragons adventurers quest alongside thousands of other warriors, rogues, wizards and faithful avengers.

New D&D, Beloved D&D
Neverwinter is a true Dungeons & Dragons experience based on the acclaimed 4th Edition rules -- a first of its kind!

A Legend Arises
Unprecedented character customization as only Cryptic can deliver. Imagine a hero, make a hero, become a hero.

Dungeoneer

First Post
I remain extremely skeptical of the possibility of converting the 4e rules into real-time, at least not in any way the remotely resembles the source.

The interview doesn't give me a lot of hope that Cryptic has somehow figured out how to do this, either. He basically says "The rules will remind you of 4e! At times! If you squint, and look at them from a certain angle!"

I'm also with those who are not that interested in squad-based combat in my RPG, or whatever.

Finally: why doesn't Atari ever let the same studio make a Neverwinter game twice?

I only tried left 4 dead online, once
not surprisingly we got a stupid ass player hwo took off after some wepaon or such, left rest of us to get ganked, what an ass.
That's what the problem was with Everquest: finding players who weren't greedy and/or morons!!!

so you NEED a guild or friends and ignore list and pass such info on. so scuzzballs get pushed out of the game, tough, they deserve it for ruining yer day!

A typical experience in Everquest years ago:

Moron_001 tells you: "Hi plz kn I jun u grp?"

Moron_001 obviously noticed you're the highest level player on at this time in the morning (since I am in UK and played on US servers),
and also, many of these idiots can't speak bloody English, no, they have to use "leet speak", and I KNOW the moron isn't a "gold farmer", hell, the "Gold Farmers" speak better English than these native-English speaking nitwits!

You Tell Moron_001, taking pity on him: "You know the Lower camp in Seb'?"

Moron_001 tells you: "Where is Seb?"

You: "Um, SEBILIS"

Moron_001: "Whrz UM SEBILIS plz?"

sigh /ignore Moron_001
:p

Last edited:

Remove ads