• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New PC RPG Legend: Hand of God

Amellia

First Post
So THQ (who did Titan Quest, I believe) is bringing a new PC RPG to the U.S. from Germany, where it won RPG of the year last year. It's called Legend: Hand of God, and I have to say, it looks freaking amazing. The graphics look top-notch, and the gameplay looks like they took Diablo II and updated it, without changing any of the stuff that was so awesome about that game. It's a fantasy point-and-click game like D2 or TQ, but it looks a lot stronger than those titles. Here's the trailer for gameplay that I watched... and man, it looks awesome:

http://youtube.com/watch?v=0GPj6rulQmg

There appear to be unique fighting animations depending on what you're fighting... if you're fighting something bigger than you, you jump up to stab them rather than slashing ahead of you every time. Also, look at the finishing move on the zombie... looks like this may well just be completely winning.

Thanee

First Post
Amellia said:
So THQ (who did Titan Quest, I believe) is bringing a new PC RPG to the U.S. from Germany, ...

Ah... was already wondering, why you said 'new'. :D
Didn't realize it took so long to get over the big pond.

Havn't played it myself, but seen it a few times on roleplaying conventions. Definitely looks like a fun game, kinda repetitive, though, but what do you expect from such a game, heh.

Bye
Thanee

Amellia

First Post
I think the "repetitive" thing is a common complaint about the fantasy RPGs... but I think this one has a good story to go with it. Apparently the woman who wrote Bioshock is doing the writing for it, so if Bioshock is any judge, there could be some story/plot-twists.

I just found some concept art and stuff that's really cool-looking. I like the epic thing they have going on... for all the awesome gameplay in Titan Quest, they really were missing the epic story feel.

Attachments

• KingDragon.jpg
    KingDragon.jpg
    287.7 KB · Views: 51
  • HeroNew_design2_02_08_06.jpg
    HeroNew_design2_02_08_06.jpg
    108.3 KB · Views: 45
  • Daemonentor_layout1_s.jpg
    Daemonentor_layout1_s.jpg
    241.4 KB · Views: 64
  • legend02.jpg
    legend02.jpg