New player with questions :D

Mezegis

First Post
Hello,

I'm a new member here, just thought I'd say hello as well as ask a few newbie questions.

I recently submitted my character for approval, but I am HORRIBLE at any sort of coding or the like.

-How long do most characters take to be approved/revised?
-How much editting can I do on them during the approval process to try and correct errors?
-The sandbox looks to be in the "old" wiki format, or at least the link in the character generator thread lead me there, will that impact how quickly it gets reviewed?
-Is there a sandbox on the new wiki?
-Can I join the tavern thread without an approved character?
-Anyone know of any adventures starting soon?

I guess that's it for now, I'll probably have more later. Thanks for your time!

elecgraystone

First Post
Depends on how busy the judges are. Right now there is a bit of a backlog.
-How much editting can I do on them during the approval process to try and correct errors?
Well, until it's correct, I don't see an issue with editing. If you see something wrong, go ahead and fix it.
-The sandbox looks to be in the "old" wiki format, or at least the link in the character generator thread lead me there, will that impact how quickly it gets reviewed?
I just used it for mine and it got right in. How quickly it gets look at has nothing to do with that.
Not that I know of.
Yep, you can even join an adventure as long as the GM OK's it.
I'll leave this up to the GM's.

covaithe

Explorer
Hello,

I'm a new member here, just thought I'd say hello as well as ask a few newbie questions.

I recently submitted my character for approval, but I am HORRIBLE at any sort of coding or the like.

I guess that's it for now, I'll probably have more later. Thanks for your time!

Approval time varies. Right now it's.... embarrassingly long. If you don't hear anything for a few weeks, it doesn't hurt to send a reminder.

Your character sheet is yours. Change it, edit it, as you see fit. If it hasn't been reviewed yet (you'll get an email), make changes freely. Once it's been reviewed, you can still make changes, but you'll want to let the judges know when you're done with a batch of changes and you want them to look at it again. Editing purely for formatting or adding fluff, go ahead and do that at any time, don't worry about telling us.

L4W's character sheets all still live in the old wiki. We started working on transferring them over, a while back, and ran into some technical limitations of the new wiki software, and it got sidetracked in favor of other projects. We should probably give it a kick in the pants at some point and get that moving again. But for now, the old wiki is where all characters live.

Feel free to join the tavern at any time.

I don't actually know if there are any adventures due to start soon. I think all the adventures that have been approved have started by now, but if the tavern is busy, usually someone will step up to DM something fairly soon.

Mezegis

First Post
OK, I see about bringing in my character to the tavern.

How do I make those little bubbles of text you can hide/show that people use for stat blocks and OOC bits?

I am horrible with links/coding, how do I add my character into my signature?

Thanks again!

elecgraystone

First Post
Those are sblocks. The easiest way to see them in action is to hit quote on someone's post that's used them. (just don't submit reply unless you delete out text and put in yout own) Try it on mine.

[sblock=Actions] This is it [/sblock]

Add character by going to you account and editing your signature. Go to you character and copy the link at the top of that page and paste to signature.

Last edited:

JoeNotCharles

First Post
The easiest way to see how people do things is hit the "quote" button, which will show you what they actually typed to get the effects.

For the OOC bubbles it's (sblock)Some text(/sblock), except with [ ] intead of ( ). That gives the title "spoilers" - if you want it to say somthing else isntead, it's (sblock="something else")some text(/sblock).

For setting up a signature, click on Quick Links near the top of the screen and choose "Edit Signature".

Mezegis

First Post
OK, I've added the link to my character in my signature, but how do I get it to look like just a name instead of a long string?

I feel like such a n00b, this is why I've avoided trying anything like this, but I'm bored at work so I figured what the heck!

elecgraystone

First Post
That I'm not sure. As you can see my first character shows up right but nothing I did fixed the next two. Maybe someone else has some insight.

Remove ads