• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Podcast format makes me sad

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I loved listening to the WotC podcasts with Penny Arcade while I ran. Now they are video, and when I download them it tells me my Ipod can't play that format. (maybe cause it's an older generation).

And whats up with the huge file sizes and only 10 minutes, even if I could get them on my ipod, I usually run for about 30 minutes.

It's a plot to keep me from exercising I tell you....

StormCrow42

Explorer
You can tell iTunes to convert them (right click on each podcast, there will be an option to convert to iPhone/iPod format). It'll take a while per file though, and apparently you can only select one file at a time to convert (after which the conversion option disappears until it's finished).

EnochSeven

Explorer
Thank you!

You can tell iTunes to convert them (right click on each podcast, there will be an option to convert to iPhone/iPod format). It'll take a while per file though, and apparently you can only select one file at a time to convert (after which the conversion option disappears until it's finished).

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Yes, thanks, I will check that out. If I can get them on there I will make a playlist stringing them together so they last longer.

Moon_Goddess

Have I really been on this site for over 20 years!
I love the new format, I never could get into the Penny Arcade thing,

I've tried to listen to other podcasts which were recordings of games, I couldn't tell the voices apart, everything just got confusing and uninteresting

This being a video is wonderful.

Jhaelen

First Post
Ah, excellent!
I had already deleted all of them, thinking what a bunch of ***** those WotC guys must be to create a podcast that doesn't work on 'pods.

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
Well I tried. Itunes said it converted it. Don't see any difference and still won't sync with my ipod (which is video capable).

I wonder if it stores the converted file somewhere else?

SkidAce

Legend
Supporter
I love the new format, I never could get into the Penny Arcade thing,

I've tried to listen to other podcasts which were recordings of games, I couldn't tell the voices apart, everything just got confusing and uninteresting

This being a video is wonderful.

For me it's the opposite...when I listen I can picture what's going on.

When I see them at the table it breaks the story. (no disrespect intended)

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads