• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New Post-Apoc Game

Insight

Adventurer
I'm enjoying the game I'm currently running (see sig), and am mulling over the possibility of starting another one. What I'd like to do is get a read on what people would be interested in playing and see if I get enough responses that match up with something I'd be comfortable running.

What I'd like to get are some responses along the lines of:

1. What sort of game system you'd like to play (it should be something D20 since this is EN World after all; also, I do not own the new Star Wars, so that's out, although I do own the prior version)

2. What sort of setting you'd like to play in (I will state right off the bat I do not own Eberron or FR, so forget those)

I'd like to run something that isn't all that common, but people would like to play. That doesn't necessarily mean that D&D is out of the question, but I'd say there are quite a few D&D games going on right now, so maybe something else would be interesting.

Last edited:

Kaodi

Hero
Mecha Crusade? The mini-game version or the d20 Future version. I do not have the issue of Polyhedron, but the only real difference between the two is Wealth vs. Point Value and the whole Metabot thing that was never translated, eh?

Or d20 Future's mecha rules with any homebrew setting. I'm thinking PL 6/7 though.

Caliber

Explorer
I know a few are in play right now, but Star Wars would be interesting (I don't own Saga either). Mutants and Masterminds or Deeds Not Words (or Project Phoneix, the almost finished new version of DnW) would likewise be interesting ... all three are games I've bought but never gotten a chance to use (at least as intended.)

For that matter, looking at my bookcase, a d20 Modern, CoC, or AU/AE could all be lots of fun, and all are more off-beat d20 games of various genres/styles. I liked them all enough to buy them, but my lazy group just likes DnD! :p (Fading Suns and Everquest d20 are fun too, but I think those systems are a bit shakier than the ones I listed ... but never having played them, maybe I'm wrong!) :)

Insight

Adventurer
Yeah, I can't get my group to play anything other than D&D either. That's why I come here for something different!

I'd be interested in a D20 Modern. Does anyone have any preference, if I choose to run a D20 Modern, in terms of style/setting/genre?

Caliber

Explorer
Hmm, tough to say. A GammaWorld type game would be interesting, as would a more modern day (or slightly before/after modern day) with some supernatural elements. If the idea is to move away from DnDisms, a game where the supernatural is squarely in the hands of the big bads, and the players are those puny mortals who have to fight it, might be an interesting twist from DnDs general assumptions.

Kaodi

Hero
If you wanted to do Modern, as opposed to Future, maybe something like a combination between Fallout and one of X-Files, Men In Black or Alien Nation.

Shayuri

First Post
Oh...oh...

I'm definitely up for a post-apocalypse setting.

Gritty a la Fallout, or cartoony a la Gamma World...it's all good.

I've got D20 modern and future SRD stuff so I can do the basicks.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads