New Power Cards...

dzokvic

First Post
@Hiriohito - That might be something that I'm interested in. I've done a little bit of changing things around, and I'm now actually using your action icons...it just required bolding the Attack vs. Def. text to make things look balanced on that side of the card. Would the text layout be similar to yours, or would you be able to keep the spacing the way I have it? I'll upload a new image so you can see the newest updates.

@Mercutio - Like I mentioned to Hirohito above, I started using the action icons. Where can I find your cards to see if I like the defense icons you have used...I'm curious to take a look now.

Attachments

• Icy Terrain.jpg
    Icy Terrain.jpg
    225.9 KB · Views: 121

Mercutio01

First Post
My cards are at Dragonavenue (MSE file link in the first post), but I figured it might just be better to put them here in a zip. Icons.zip are the icons with the text on them so that you know what's what.

Icons_notext.zip are the straight icons without text.

Attachments

• icons.zip
    70.2 KB · Views: 74
  • icons_notext.zip
    67 KB · Views: 56

eloquentaction

First Post
@Hiriohito - That might be something that I'm interested in. I've done a little bit of changing things around, and I'm now actually using your action icons...it just required bolding the Attack vs. Def. text to make things look balanced on that side of the card. Would the text layout be similar to yours, or would you be able to keep the spacing the way I have it? I'll upload a new image so you can see the newest updates.

@Mercutio - Like I mentioned to Hirohito above, I started using the action icons. Where can I find your cards to see if I like the defense icons you have used...I'm curious to take a look now.

I can create a custome MSE-SET file with my C# program that will take all 1057 cards in my current Powers List and format them however the heck you want them. It's how I do it. I'd much rather tweak in a C# program for a few hours than go in and mess with things by hand.

The set would be customized to your look and feel.

I just put my second (plainer) card set out. I have samples on the main thread if you'd like to check them out. So far, people seem to be underwhelmed... *sigh*

I'll be putting a new MSE-SET out here soon that's optimized on the old card type. I also have a monster card set in works, it's actually going faster than I thought it would.

I've been playing around with the idea of doing Mercutio's/Plauge's idea of making everything an icon, but I just don't like the look of anything I've tried in that area so far.

If you can send me your graphic backgrounds and the icons you want to be using, I can get started next week.

-- Hirahito

Mercutio01

First Post
I just put my second (plainer) card set out. I have samples on the main thread if you'd like to check them out. So far, people seem to be underwhelmed... *sigh*
I think at this point, people are just tired of Power Cards...the majority of gamers I've seen prefer either Ander's or Grandpa's styles. That's fine by me. I like mine. And I think that's what really matters, ultimately.

eloquentaction

First Post
I think at this point, people are just tired of Power Cards...the majority of gamers I've seen prefer either Ander's or Grandpa's styles. That's fine by me. I like mine. And I think that's what really matters, ultimately.

I agree. Most people seem to be going for those two sets.

Which are WAY too plain for my tastes. I want something with a bit of flavor to it, but not overwhelming.

Oh well, I have a few more ideas that I'm going to go ahead and finish, then I guess I'll drop out of the Power Set card race.

Specifically, I want to do a Landscape version of my card set, finish off the monsters and throw in magic items.

Then I think I'll be done.

-- Hirahito

dzokvic

First Post
Yeah, that would be fine by me if you want to add them as a layout option to your set. The icons I'm using are all yours now, I simply removed the drop shadow from them, so I can either send you my updated versions or you can do that...simple enough with the magic eraser tool. What format do you need everything in? Lemme know and I'll zip it up and send it to ya. Thanks for the help!!

I agree, it does seem like everyone is picking Ander's and Grandpa's styles. Sure, they are simple...but they lack the elegance that I am looking for. Oh well, to each his own I guess, all I can do is put mine out there and see what happens. I have no illusions that they will become widely popular, but if someone else likes them, so much the better. I'm also working on a magic item set as well. I'm having some issues finding a way to format it so that I can display all the information cleanly and without repeating things. The problem comes in when you have items that have powers (so it basically needs to be a power card), but they have additional information as well). And some have more than one power. All this and I want to keep them looking similar to my power cards so the two can be used together.

eloquentaction

First Post
Yeah, that would be fine by me if you want to add them as a layout option to your set. The icons I'm using are all yours now, I simply removed the drop shadow from them, so I can either send you my updated versions or you can do that...simple enough with the magic eraser tool. What format do you need everything in? Lemme know and I'll zip it up and send it to ya. Thanks for the help!!

I agree, it does seem like everyone is picking Ander's and Grandpa's styles. Sure, they are simple...but they lack the elegance that I am looking for. Oh well, to each his own I guess, all I can do is put mine out there and see what happens. I have no illusions that they will become widely popular, but if someone else likes them, so much the better. I'm also working on a magic item set as well. I'm having some issues finding a way to format it so that I can display all the information cleanly and without repeating things. The problem comes in when you have items that have powers (so it basically needs to be a power card), but they have additional information as well). And some have more than one power. All this and I want to keep them looking similar to my power cards so the two can be used together.

Go onto my web site and find my email address on the home page. Send me ALL the graphics zipped up, including the modified icons.

Do you want me to take a copy of Mercutio's icons and make them the same flavor?

I kind of like the idea of throwing damage icons on there.

Also - Mercutio and Plauge are the ones to ask about the Item cards in this format. They had some cards that looked really cool. I have been trying to do Monster cards, so I really haven't looked in that direction yet.

-- Hirahito

Remove ads