• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is LIVE! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

New previews!!!

DK

First Post
The digest sized book look interesting!

And now that I think of it, the monster book could have a monster per page as per old monstrous manual! Statblock + image + some description could fit well in this format

Festivus

First Post
Well, I reserve judgement for when I can feel tokens... the ones I saw in the red box seemed a bit thinner than the ones that come with Encounters for example.

Ardulac

Explorer
Y'know, I'm not a big fan of the round tokens for larger creatures.

That was my first thought, but it is nice for letting you see what terrain the creature is on. That seems like a fair trade off for 1x1 to 3x3, but the empty space would probably get too large past that (i.e. over 1 square on each corner, but I'm just guessing at that measurement).

YRUSirius

First Post
So there's the adventure "Reavers of Harkenwood"... it's in the DM's Kit!

How did you find the pics?

Edit: I'm a big fan of round tokens! :)

-YRUSirius

Last edited:

Bandikoot

First Post
The digest sized book look interesting!

And now that I think of it, the monster book could have a monster per page as per old monstrous manual! Statblock + image + some description could fit well in this format
I would actually prefer that. Having multiple creatures on a single page isn't horrible or anything, but I think that older setup was nicer. One thing that I wonder is how nice that paperback will look after a year of use.

TBH I doubt that DMs book will stand up to much, which is a pity. Although I could be wrong. I have the same thing with WHFRP3E, all those books are falling apart, I will have to get them bound properly.

Still getting these though, I love the style and the counters look good for sure.

Voidrunner's Codex

Remove ads