• The VOIDRUNNER'S CODEX is coming! Explore new worlds, fight oppressive empires, fend off fearsome aliens, and wield deadly psionics with this comprehensive boxed set expansion for 5E and A5E!

Gate Pass Gazette New Project Launched: Level Up: A5E Gate Pass Gazette Annual 2022

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
Screen Shot 2023-01-11 at 10.21.01 AM.png

Level Up: A5E Gate Pass Gazette Annual 2022 is now live!

Click here to pledge now!

A 220-page hardcover compilation of archetypes, feats, spells, heritages, monsters, and more for Level Up: Advanced 5th Edition! Between these covers you will find:
  • 33 archetypes (subclasses) such as the seafaring scourge, stromwalker, and bladeseer.
  • 6 backgrounds like the convict or the fey servant.
  • The complete Artificer character class with the bombardier, machinist, and stitcher archetypes.
  • 2 new combat traditions, Beast Unity and Arcane Knight, stocked full of combat maneuvers.
  • 8 new cultures like the fey court, blood pack, and avian sky-seeker Simerengo.
  • 6 new destinies such as death, fire, and light.
  • 12 new exploration challenges including festering sewer tunnels, sucking bogs, and the unique Elsenian Span.
  • 46 new feats enabling you to embrace your inner werewolf, master the shield, or stand out in the city.
  • 7 new heritages, including the constructed, the spiderfolk, and the dreamborn.
  • 42 new magic items, from the defensive umbrella to the fan of whispering and the shackle of the ghostheart covenant.
  • 25 new monsters such as blood maggots, poltergeists, and the mysterious fateholder.
  • 11 new mundane items from spring-heeled boots to sword canes.
  • 14 new spells for a range of classes!

Click here to pledge now!

xiphumor

Legend
The Kickstarter for Level Up: A5e Gate Pass Gazette Annual 2022 appears to be doing very well at the moment. ;) I hope that we will be seeing future GPG Annuals in the years to come.
With the current OGL controversy, I’m just hoping we even get the normal GPG next month (and not just because I’m in it for the first time, but also, admittedly, because I’m in it for the first time).

Vildara

Explorer
I'm annoyed by this. I backed the Patreon, shelling out my $120 a year. Then I paid to have the books printed and shipped, another $96. that's over $200 for a series of softcover books that I could have gotten for around $60 if I just skipped the Patreon in favor of the KS. It really disincentives supporting on Patreon.

Morrus

Well, that was fun
Staff member
I'm annoyed by this. I backed the Patreon, shelling out my $120 a year. Then I paid to have the books printed and shipped, another $96. that's over $200 for a series of softcover books that I could have gotten for around $60 if I just skipped the Patreon in favor of the KS. It really disincentives supporting on Patreon.
We offer the content in various ways so you can choose the one you want -- PDF, indvidual softcovers, compilations. We don't expect people will want to buy all versions, and should buy the one that suits them best. People asked us for PoD coupons, so we gave them to them. People asked us for a hardcover, so we gave it to them. People might ask for a different format in the future (maybe VTT versions or something) and if we can, we'll make those available, too.

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
Same. I've cancelled my patronage. Might come back if they lower it to $2/issue.

VanguardHero

Adventurer
You guys realize Patrons still get it significantly earlier, right? These collections are, assuming they continue, once a year. And the Tools site lags on Gate Pass content at an inconsistent trail. Patrons get it faster, and help to provide ongoing support to the system with the best chance of being able to convince 5e-only-ers to play it, sticking it to WotC.

WanderingMystic

Adventurer
So for me I will still be backing the Patreon only because this is such a small company. I would hate for them to loose enough backers so they couldn't afford to make each issue.

Knowing that there is even a possibility of them collecting the issues mean that I will not be buying the soft back versions, I hate paperback books in my library and I only started buying the pod because I was told it was the only way to get a dead tree version. .

I would love it if there was a Patreon tier for backing the Kickstarter, something that let me buy the hardback copy at a bit of a discount it should be easy to match the emails so you can verify that they are a member of the Patreon and how long they have been pledging.

Remove ads